Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Holden202T

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by Holden202T »

hahahaha yeah :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well my LM-1 just took another victim LOL timing error on the lm1 and bad readings idling at 19:1 i think not was 12:1 idling yesterday LOL 1 brandnew sensor here im dubious about even using it with the lm1.and in reply to crustys n/a sucks comment yes it does just 7psi has helped this 202 60Lb injectors at around 50%d/c on 7psi so far have gone 80% throttle 4200rpm LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

N/A is great, if you have the cubes
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

vlad01 wrote:Its interesting you say that. A mob in the states called Abbott racing heads. Did a lot of good R+D on ecotec and found that too big valves killed off power in them. Although i recall saying that it helped peak power but hurt power elsewhere making them overall slower engines?

From their 3.8L head research they tested big valves from intake 1.86-1.88 and found the small 1.84 to make the fastest accelerating engines.

This a stock block with their own heads, custom cam and custom exhaust.

Their NA race engine made 270hp @ RW or 201rwKW at just under 6K rpm roughly equal to 350hp at the flywheel.

here is the link anyway. I think most builders struggle to get good power out of them because they are lacking in proper engine development program. Most builders just use off the self parts which weren't developed together to compliment each other.

http://abbottracingheads.com/gm3800.htm
Series III heads have 1.83" inlet valves standard which is nice.
So basically you're telling me 1.84" > 1.80" (stock) is good for power? :)
I never said anything about it being good for low speed torque, I was just taking the limiting case of maximum inlet port velocity at maximum reliable engine RPM.

I completely agree with the bigger isn't always better... Take the LS1 inlet ports for example, strap them onto a 408ci stroker with a big cam and they are good for 550hp...obviously way too big for a 5.7l motor. http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrd ... head-test/
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

FYI

VYs got series 3 internals including the 1.83 valves. just the block says series 2 still.

So technically we got series 3 engines before the sates officially released them.

I have one and its part for part a series 3 with series 2 block casting (only actual difference is the number II and III from block to block)
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

Is the series cast or written in the block?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

cast.

series 3 came in the states at 04-05 where the bits in ours came about 02 03 ish.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
m90psi

Post by m90psi »

Dylan wrote:Ive heard good things about Chip Control in Sunbury.
He is no longer operating... which is a good thing put it that way. Need anymore info send me a pm :)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

m90psi wrote:
Dylan wrote:Ive heard good things about Chip Control in Sunbury.
He is no longer operating... which is a good thing put it that way. Need anymore info send me a pm :)
yeah I think they are as i never could get on to them.

oh well. shit ones come and go like mushrooms.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

v6bucket wrote:
Holden202T wrote:I'd say wideband would be one of the first things you want to get on there, pretty much flying blind without it!
I agree, you need something to verify what's happening, otherwise you maybe clutch at straws.
I'm wondering, is this really true? Don't the long-term and short-term fuel trims (closed loop mode, of course) basically give you the same information?

Also wondering, has the OP resolved his tune woes yet?

Joe.