FZJ80 landcruiser

TdracerTd
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

FZJ80 landcruiser

Post by TdracerTd »

Anyone had a crack at tuning an FZJ80 cruiser? Seems to me they are tuned way wrong. Anyone fitted a delco?
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Re: FZJ80 landcruiser

Post by Dazza92VP »

I don't know about tuning the Toyota system but if your planing on converting its possible only hurdle will really be what sort of distributor it uses if its the Toyota optical pick up you either going to have to swap it for a Hall effect style or reluctor type pick ups or see vl400 and ask him about his programmable ignition module which can use the optical pickup then you have to see what tps it has an iac to see if they are compatible with the delco
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

I think the 1FZ used a dizzy with a 24+2 trigger built in, later models (I think starting in the 100 series) used a 36-2 crank trigger. If you want to retain either trigger with no mods my programmable ignition system supports them. Otherwise would need to chop some teeth off and run a camira ignition module, single coil and the dizzy.

There was another user on here with an 80 series running a 3F being converted to EFI and Delco, but he sold it before being finished :( http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... ser#p26890
TdracerTd
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

What about the other sensors? Keeping in mind this is a road car and the missus will be driving it too. Maybe this is bad idea... :S its auto too.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Most engine sensors will be ok but would need to go through each that the Delco requires and check, the auto trans can be controlled with a '424 PCM but not directly (needs an interface box as the solenoids are switched differently and to get the shifter position to the right format for a Delco). It wont be a straight forward conversion to get everything working 100% and there will be traps (things like where the speed sensor for the PCM is located, due to having low range it will matter).