antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by antus »

i cant stay on the pc right now, but I will send a brief overview of the protocols when I can. Yes, it was on gearhead where we originally spoke. A discussion about using the XDF connection macros instead of hard coding if I remember correctly.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
3400tZ
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Post by 3400tZ »

So turned out I released a bad build yesterday night. Proguard (the thing that run after the compiler to obfuscate the code) was obfuscating the Dropbox jar and it was creating a mess. Couldn't know unless I would have tested the result APK file. Oh well, I quickly "fixed" that this morning by just disabling Dropbox references, but I also added some unfinished improvement to XDL logging that broke the XDL logging :|

Tonight I figured the issue with the Dropbox library and proguard (after 2 hours and a half :|) and fixed the XDL logging. I've just pushed a build on Play. I think we're back on track now! Sorry for all this mess :D

antus, thanks so much for the PM, I've read it quickly, but I want to spend more time analyzing what you sent. I'm sure I will have some questions and I would like to discuss with you guys what it the best way to implement all this stuff in the app so that it makes sense for everyone.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Great work thanks. Cant wait to get a log in xdl format.
Drop box is a good idea especially sharing logs between devices.
Cant wait for the rest!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Got a log last night in xdl format, yet to play it back in tuner pro though but looks promising!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Log plays back no worries in tuner pro. Only a 20 second log in the shed but looks good!
Hopefully thanks to Antus's assistance the read write will be next.
3400tZ
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Post by 3400tZ »

Awesome for the XDL! You're the only one that gave feedback on the XDL support so far but it works for both of us so let's call this a success! :lol:

I will be sending a reply to antus tonight about the NVRAM stuff, so far it seems much much easier to implements than I was thinking so we'll see.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Hopefully it all goes well with the read write!
Thanks for your support.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

This is really good news. Be nice to give my Android some thing exciting for it to do rather than it sitting around doing nothing. Thanks to all concerned.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

just ordered an otg cable. ill be up for some testing soon !
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

so just took delivery of my otg cable and bought aldldroid to give it a shot. the most expensive app ive ever bought :P

had an issue with cable echo not being selected.... maybe a future upgrade? add the ability to switch the adx cable echo flag from within aldldroid app?

anyway it can log on my bench, so later on ill give it a shot in a real car. my bench with nvram and 12P v112 is still set up from some testing yesterday, so give me a bell when you are ready to test some upload and download code. I have a double jumpered aldl cable set up with a serial port monitor so can sniff the aldl stream and see whats happening.