ALDLDroid Android App

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
3400tZ
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by 3400tZ »

The header detection is supposed to be supported. Since there is not many of the US ADX using it tho, it's possible something is broken.

Let me know what you find, I will be happy to fix whatever is wrong. It should behave the same as TunerPro.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I've been using this app heaps and loving it.
Only complaint although minor is every time i connect to ecu it brings up a Bluetooth option.
I tap no then on the second attempt it connects. Im using USB to connect.
Is there a way i can default to USB?
3400tZ
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Post by 3400tZ »

I think if you select a random Bluetooth device from the list (whatever it is), it shouldn't ask you again after (and you can change bluetooth device selection later in settings section if you ever need to do that).
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Any progres updates? Been able to test any code yet for the ALDLA read write yet?
Ive been using this app heaps. I cant get the logs to play back properly on my Samsung Note 4.
The flags at the toplof the screen overlap.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

so I got my ls1 adx working..... so does this mean its not aldldroid anymore? its vpwdroid hahahahah

turns out while headers are implemented, align to header isnt, so I had to add a filter command so the AVT filters out unwanted packets (the align to header was doing this for me in tunerpro) and redo my packet lengths to include the bit of rubbish that tunepro usually discards while aligning to the header. also had to fix up the dpid loading macro as aldldroid doesnt like having 2 reads in a row. it likes only one read then a write.

also the debug log is a bit backwards, it posts the packet response before the packet send lol.

anyway all in all im happy that the adx works with a few workarounds now :D, I can view my ls1 dash using my phone. only problem left is that when I click start data logging, I get a big fat crash.
AVT LS1 DPID V1.06-aldldroid.adx
(54.28 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
debugLog.txt
(468 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
I find this file looks best when opened directly in Excel.
3400tZ
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Post by 3400tZ »

Dylan:
I'm waiting for the hardware from antus to be able to test. He was pretty busy during the holidays from what he told me.

Jayme:
Can you please attach your original ADX as well so that I can do a file diff to see what you modified to make it work and I will add support for that align stuff, don't want you to have to use any work around :) I bet the crash is caused by that align stuff as well in the XDL class. I will hopefully have some time to take a look at all that this weekend.

(Sorry for the late answers guys, I'm not receiving email notification from this forum for some reasons...)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thats ok mate I was just checking in. Keep up the good work!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I finished the hardware last night, it'll be in the post on Monday. I'll also check the forum emails, although Im pretty sure its working OK this side, and its more likely a spam filter issue at your provider.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
3400tZ
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Post by 3400tZ »

Awesome antus, thanks!

I susbscribed again with my last reply and received an email this time, not sure what happened for previous posts.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

AVT LS1 DPID V1.01.adx
(54.38 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
this is the original ADX. things I changed to make it work:
  • added a command to make the AVT filter out unwanted messages
  • added 0x01 0x60 to the front of the header so my packet offsets lined up as the align to header function wasnt working.
  • in my loading macro, I had send, receive ack, receive response. aldldroid didnt appear to like two receives in a row so I combined the two receive commands into one.
all in all, it still works in both aldldroid and tunerpro, so I dont mind about doing those changes, im mainly concerned with getting logging working at this point.