Using Holden202's $12P Methanol Tune In A V6

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

What xdf do I use?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

the one in the $12p thread :P
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356

if you have nvram, you burn any $12p bin onto it with your burner, then you can flash any of these cals up via aldl with the flashtool.
v6bucket

Re: $12P Custom Tunes

Post by v6bucket »

That makes more sense now. :thumbup: I don't have NVRAM either.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

all the zip files have them in bin format so you can burn the bin straight to an eeprom etc without needing the nvram!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I'll burn a methanol version & give it a test on the private test track :shh: if time permits.Got to go back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off,the liver could do with a rest :thumbup:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

make sure you set it for correct reference angle for your motor and also the injector setting is for 80lb injectors so i'll need a tickle too ... just for starters!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

In your methanol tune the "Spark Reference Angle" is set at 9.84, the chip I'm currently using has "KREFANGL EST PARAMS Spark reference angle" is set at 69.96.Change to these figures, is this the correct? I'm using std injectors with the diffuser holes opened to .040", what should I use as a starting point? This is adjusted via the 20-100kpa VE table? Lots of questions but big steps for carby & dizzy tuner.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

thats it, just use whatever ref angle you usually use. basically, the ref angle is the angle between the trigger point and TDC. its usually 10 deg on reluctors like holden202 uses and high on hall effect coz it uses the leading edge of the vane on startup and the trailing edge in EST mode (computer controller) its just a bit more accurate because the ecu doesnt have to count forward to deliver the spark. for you trigger is at 69 deg advance only has to wait a certain time then fire at say 30 deg adv. for holden202, trigger is at 10 deg adv so the ecu has count forward and wait longer before it fires and the engine could be different rpm by then and is slightly less accurate. sorry for the long winder explaination but it sometimes helps to know why for some things :P

anyways, to adjust for your injectors, you should start with the same VE table you usually use and then keep adjusting the "Map A: Run A/F Param - Displacement/inj flow rate" until your wideband reads what is being commanded in the AF ratio table. to get it close for startup you need to know the pounds per hour or grams per second flow rate of your injectors and punch that into holden202's kinjflow calculator. once your injector rate is close, eg most rpm points are close to being correct af ratio, then leave it alone and start tuning individual points in your VE table.

that being said, methanol doesnt seem to care as much if you are way way rich, so it should be pretty hard to make it go crap :P
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

No problems with long winded answers, it does help.I think we may have found a road worthy 3.8 VP sedan that we can do some testing without looking as obvious, just have wait & see.
Holden202T

Re: Using Holden202's $12P Methanol Tune In A V6

Post by Holden202T »

your injectors are a real prick to work out .... obviously they flow more than the stock injector but how much more .... to get it anywhere near close is going to be a shot in the dark .... i'd probably go something like 1.5 times the stock number ....

so .13 is the stock number for a v6 ..... 19lb is the stock injector so if we say 1.5 times that....

approx 28lb .... so with that and the methanol weight along with stock v6 cyl volume ..... .084

if the injectors are 2 times the flow then you are looking at more like 38lb and .062

if you start with .084 and if the injectors are bigger then it will be really rich .... like jayme said, play with the WB at idle and see how much richer it is and adjust the injector constant till ilde it pretty close to right....