antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VT Wagon L67

Post by antus »

Did you swap the PCM in with the engine? Is it the right one for the S/C engine? Stock box or small pulley (and if so, any idea what tune it came with).. might need to log some data to see if there is anything wrong with fueling.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
DanWA
cars: LS1 LX Torana, VX2 R8 15th Anniversary, VT Wagon L67

Post by DanWA »

Cheers antus!

I used the memcal from the donor car into the car's PCM so i didn't have to re-link bcm etc (i did tailgate/barrel/door lock already with a new key)

Its progressively got worse, did a 500km round trip to visit some family and get the bro in law to sort the air con out.

Missfiring and carrying on like an angry mrs, Just ordered some new plugs today and genuine leads, will pop a new fuel filter in it. Will update how that went this arvo.

Everyone i've spoke to has said i shouldn't need to change the pump but i may do it any way when the hoist is available later in the week.

All else fails i'll be slugging out for a logging setup. The car has a "built" gearbox so i am thinking the tune needs playing with for shift points/pressures etc? Also it has a "10psi FIT Pulley". The donor car was the FIT guys personal car at some point.

On the upside the aircon is killer cold now which is keeping the mrs and 4 month old happy :)
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

I'm guessing a difference in diff gear ratio as a possible cause of the trans weirdness. Check under the dash of the donor car for a speedo corrector box or if nothing is there it may have just been adjusted in the tune. You could raise the rear of the donor car off the ground and turn the wheels to reference how many times to turns of tail shaft then compare with the convo car to rule it out
DanWA

Post by DanWA »

Both cars are series 1 VT with 3.08:1 diffs

Done fuel filter after work yesterday, it now starts up almost instantly. Leads/Plugs will be in today, living in the country no one stocks anything for these including Holden
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

If you have an ALDL cable use the flashtool to take a read of the bin file and post it up.
Can at least then see if it is a standard file or has benn modified, and if modified what changes have been made that may be causing problems.
yoda69
DanWA

Post by DanWA »

Done leads/plugs, yet another improvement but still has a miss, away on business until Friday then i will use TPS and Coilpack off the old ecotec to see if its still there before i go buying new gear

Any ideas what it could be? its only if you stab it or it needs to go back a gear it struggles
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you really need to get a log of it, it could be going lean, or too rich, but you really don't know without the data.
DanWA

Post by DanWA »

Seriously going to burn this car soon, Had to tow it home yesterday after it died on way to shops.

Either the new pump failed or its CAS/Coils i would imagine? Had a shocking hangover so left it in the carport will inspect plugs for wet fuel shortly.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I think you need to listen to the calls for a log. Have you looked for fault codes first? then if there are no codes go outside the square and list all possibles before throwing any more money away. :sad2:
DanWA

Post by DanWA »

Sent antus a PM no reply yet, will check for codes shortly