KE70 project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Re: KE70 project

Post by krusty »

A set of possibly the worlds heaviest 15 x 8" wheels are now in my posession too. Just trialing wheel/ tyre sizes so not into going crazy but stuffed up with the weight of these. Looking at running 225/50 R15, maybe more tyre on the rear depending on how it tracks

Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

geez plenty of fast bits there! I eagerly await when they start getting installed :)
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

krusty wrote:Solid mount suspension arms arrived the other day. pretty chuffed with the finish and couldn't fault them at all really

Getting very very geed up to make some tyre smoke soon!

Ahhh! shiny! :P
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
krusty

Post by krusty »

Looks is one thing but main thing is all the components bar the LCA, steering knuckles and lateral bar drop mounts are alloy body. All the other companies offering parts use cheap strong steel. Even though it's cheaper, would be mad to get a stock component that's almost up to the job and replace it with something heavier!

T3 have been great to deal with and not like Aussie car performance suppliers that leave a lot to be desired tbh
krusty

Post by krusty »

Last of the parts turned up this just now. Not going to have the issue of bent tie rods to deal with I'm guessing!

From here on in, the parts flow needs to stop as it's mostly here. Will begin fitting and welding in a week or 2. Pics to follow

immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Shouldn't you have weak part in the steering system? If the arms are too strong and don't bend with reasonably force than something more expensive/important may break if there is a bit of rubbing.

I do like the shiny bits though :)
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

what are those purple dots? did you burn your CCD with a laser or something?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Very nice looking parts Krusty :thumbup:
That's the down side to local cars in getting nice suspension components compared to global cars.
I weighed an HSV 20 inch spare wheel years ago at work and it came in at 32kg and said to the engineer "hows a female or even a light framed male gonna reach into the boot
then lift the 32kg wheel straight up and out of the spare wheel tub without doing your back"?
I got no reply.
krusty

Post by krusty »

immortality wrote:Shouldn't you have weak part in the steering system? If the arms are too strong and don't bend with reasonably force than something more expensive/important may break if there is a bit of rubbing.

I do like the shiny bits though :)
Fair point but I reckon the wheels would be the shock absorption if something big happens. Not really into compromising strength anywhere cos it will be driven like it's stolen hahaa
krusty

Post by krusty »

vlad01 wrote:what are those purple dots? did you burn your CCD with a laser or something?
Not quite :mrgreen:

Iphone image enhancement gone wrong I'd say