T56 shifter...yummy

Post by monaro308 »

This would be handy for my track days.

http://www.s1sequential.com/t56-sequential-shifter/
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Re: T56 shifter...yummy

Post by HQ355 »

Dosnt look very friendly for bank balance ! Lol, what is it worth ? I have a hurst shifter out of a 90's camaro on my T-56 in my HQ and it shifts nice, way better than standard commodore with std linkages and that silly linkage extension housing
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

No prices yet HQ.
It says production ready in February,i said the same thing at work...probably dearer than the box!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Stupid sort of off topic question my brothers t56 in vt ss gen3 pops out of 1st gear when accelerating 90% of the time is that a shifter problem or what I believe may be a synchro/dog teeth issue?
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I think you on the money with the dog teeth problem making it jump out of gear. Or it could also be end float. When I was young and stupid I was destroying a box a month till I realised the selector was preventing full engagement of the dog teeth.This shifter looks very nice but will the box be able to shift any faster?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah im going with the syncro issue, I had the same thing happen in my celica 5 speed, if you held the stick forward in 5th it would stay in at WOT .... but then if you didn't, too much load and it would pop out.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Charlescrown would be spot on with what he suggested and a bad detent spring also.
You will find it has nothing to do with a synchro cause once the hub has slid over the synchro on to the dog teeth the synchro has long done it's job and serves no purpose to help hold it in gear.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Stupid sort of off topic question my brothers t56 in vt ss gen3 pops out of 1st gear when accelerating 90% of the time is that a shifter problem or what I believe may be a synchro/dog teeth issue?
would be a syncro or related problem most likely.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Charlescrown wrote:I think you on the money with the dog teeth problem making it jump out of gear. Or it could also be end float. When I was young and stupid I was destroying a box a month till I realised the selector was preventing full engagement of the dog teeth.This shifter looks very nice but will the box be able to shift any faster?
you need these to make full use, otherwise a shifter too fast for standard syncros will make lunch out of them in a short order.

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=107
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ah cool I was pretty sure & yeah thought syncro may have already done it's job.
My bro & his mates supposedly researched it & was a common issue & supposedly with the shifter fork & I just had to grin & nod!