VE V6 sidi electrical issues

For non EFI mechanical discussion
VX L67 Getrag

VE V6 sidi electrical issues

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey all,

I have a 2010 ve sidi coming in for the first time to me next week & been told it intermittantly won't crank/start & every now & then it starts then stalls & on the even more rare occasion can just stall when driving without warning & at any fuel level or any differing temp ranges?

I know they have common issues with carbon build up but doesn't seem to tick all the boxes for that.

Any ideas/thoughts welcome.
Holden202T

Re: VE V6 sidi electrical issues

Post by Holden202T »

could all point to a security/key issue .... or a dodgy bit of wiring ....

first thing I'd be doing is see if theres any codes in it .... from my experience with misfires on my alloytec is logs the code at the time and also has freeze frame data for when it had the misfire .... so its likely you'll be able to get an idea from that.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah was going to check codes first & I thought security too, but random cutout I wasn't sure as I thought once security past the 5 sec area would be ok.

But yeah just thought I'd throw the question out if anyone had seen anything similar before it comes in next week!

Thanks again for your thoughts!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Have replaced a couple of ecu's for similar faults on these... Check the body earth near the lhs radiator support also.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...