Development of Nascar Engine

For non EFI mechanical discussion
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Development of Nascar Engine

Post by immortality »

Did anybody pick up on the comment in the video about the non variable valve train rule but.......
The1

Post by The1 »

just the like the rule that it's all suppost to be stock, though it's not
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I don't think theres many classes of racing I've ever seen where there isn't someone bending the rules somehow! :)
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

The1 wrote:just the like the rule that it's all suppost to be stock, though it's not
I think they interpret it as "stock architecture". At the end of the day it is still a SFT cam, push rod, 2 valves per cylinder 5.7 V8 litre engine. Having said that, they really are incredible engines.

That video must be old, haven't they gone to EFI engines now? There sure is a reason why Penske Racing are campaigning a car in the V8 SC circus.
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh couple of years ago now i think they went EFI, prob why they released the video, not going to release current tech info.
The1

Post by The1 »

Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

cool :)
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

immortality wrote:It seems though that when beehive springs break they don't tend to drop the valves as quickly due to the taper of the spring.

Lots of V6 high ratio rockers out there, not really heard of that many breaking.
I've never seen a broken spring under high ratio rockers yet either. Seen broken rockers though but usually due to bad installs

Seen plenty of springs break when some bloke repeatedly used springs that weren't rated for the lift + excessive lifter pre load on the pump. It's ok, no one gets him to build engines anymore hahah
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Great video :thumbup:

I watched one of the early races after they switched to EFI, was funny listening to the commentators raving on about how the teams are loving it - better economy, more power etc etc And how they can do amazing things like cut fuel when decelerating, welcome to the 1980s! :lol: I do know that there was a push for years to ditch the carb, but was still amusing.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

If you want a laugh you should go visit them "ol boys" in the south, they still talk about the civil war ! Wait until they find out there's been 2 world wars since lol