ALDL ECU's

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by kojab »

Still having "Did not detect any raw data from vehicle" linking problem with all my bench ECM/PCMs. It will eventually link if all the ticks are removed in the settings boxes but still see no data on screen.

My Laptop serial com port drivers are fine, works perfect with VL400 Flashtool and TunerPro. I am running your application with XP. Could this be the problem?

Could you also confirm if your application is looking for a heart beat to identify which ECM/PCM is attached before connecting. None of my bench ECM/PCMs have BCMs attached.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Alright. So did some major changes. I logged the VR with a separate cable on the final build and it was definitely F4! I think I might go crazy if it still outputs F5 on anyones laptops!

All gauges/menus are process on a completely separate thread. On a VS V6 ecu on bench with no BCM registers around 10frames/s (5 engine and 5 trans). Seems chucking them onto a separate thread made a massive difference!

Upon processing the gauges, the separate thread will check both engine and transmission frames for a valid checksum. If they are invalid it removes this data from the list.
Iv also added a bunch of more descriptive error catching. So if anything does pop up, we should grab a more useful message as well as the received frames! :thumbup:

Also, Iv noticed my norton now suddenly detects AED as a virus again.. Just a heads up!

Version 0.0.0.3 attached.
Attachments
AEDInstaller.exe
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 282 times
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Woohoo, fixed the logging of the VR PCM :) One thing that has gone missing is the question of auto or manual when getting engine data.

Noticed a bug though. If you are monitoring engine data and press disconnect there is a 'Unknown Error Occurred! Please make sure the correct vehicle is selected and the cable is plugged in!' or 'Error Processing data to graph:0'. Smetimes it gives a com port already open message. And then asks to copy/paste the console data....
[13:02:57:577] Failed setting Graph!
System.Byte[]
System.Byte[]
[13:03:00:241] Failed setting Graph!
System.Byte[]
System.Byte[]
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

VL400 wrote:Woohoo, fixed the logging of the VR PCM :) One thing that has gone missing is the question of auto or manual when getting engine data.

Noticed a bug though. If you are monitoring engine data and press disconnect there is a 'Unknown Error Occurred! Please make sure the correct vehicle is selected and the cable is plugged in!' or 'Error Processing data to graph:0'. Smetimes it gives a com port already open message. And then asks to copy/paste the console data....
[13:02:57:577] Failed setting Graph!
System.Byte[]
System.Byte[]
[13:03:00:241] Failed setting Graph!
System.Byte[]
System.Byte[]
Huh... Thought I had something implemented for that incase anyone clicked disconnected while logging.

Ill check that next.

Yeah I removed the "auto/manual" request as I think that was causing issues. It gets engine/transmission data regardless if the vehicle is auto/manual.

I think I will add it back in later. I actually think I cut/paste that option from the engine data to the faults reading.. and seems the fault reading still works correctly though (Although there is no difference between auto/manual for fault data reading).

Annnnd... those faults should show the engine and transmission data frames at which the fault occurred... obviously something not right there.

But overall.. Im glad its working!
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Alright.. fixed up the little bug when trying to disconnect while reading engine data.

Iv also put in a little warning that informs the user that engine data reading is still going when changing tabs from engine view.

*Edit
Iv flattened the VY V6 battery.. completely. Be interesting to see if I get errors after that.. I expect a lovely SRS chime.
I know I get a solid 10-11frames/s on a bench ecu (VS V6). Can anyone let me know what you get in a VT or VX/VY V6? Im expecting around the 4frames/s mark assuming a delay between heartbeats of around 200ms (yes I am being optimistic!) :thumbup:
VL400

Post by VL400 »

You cannot get any better than 3.3Hz, heartbeat frames are just on 300ms apart. Log engine and trans, alternating the message requests each heartbeat and you get 1.6Hz.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

VL400 wrote:You cannot get any better than 3.3Hz, heartbeat frames are just on 300ms apart. Log engine and trans, alternating the message requests each heartbeat and you get 1.6Hz.
A man can dream :thumbup:
VL400

Post by VL400 »

:lol:
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Found a little error with VS S3 V8's, where users could not clear faults for do the initial "ECU detect" on connection.

Allll fixed now! :thumbup:

New update will be out soon
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

*Sigh*
I tried to make 3+ parameters show on the graph at once.. but it seems to be bugging it out and causes massive issues...