vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Porsche turbo boost reference timing retard

Post by vlad01 »

I was thinking about what to do on the fuel side, So I googled it and sure enough there is an EFI fuel system conversion kit already out there, pricey at 1500 but very nice bit of kit and probably cheaper than trying to make something custom.

http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/ ... 36mm-bore/

while I was there, what about COPs?

http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/ ... -rail-set/
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

The turbo charger is new, the intercooler and piping is new, the fuel metering block, lines and fuel manifold are all reco, the leads are brand new (dyno work only on all this stuff), the money already dropped on this stuff is HEAPS, he won't go backwards on any of that, also wants to keep the vehicle looking old school to a point.

Soooo.... Coil packs stay, Fuel system stays, all piping to intercooler stays, all we need is a way of introducing timing retard under boost, nothing else. :thumbup:

For those who don't know, this is also fitted with an electronically controlled extra injector (controlled with on old apexi unit). It is shit in the way it needs to be set to suit boost (not linear) would an 808 still be an idea - not running main fuel, only ignition control (how about standard commodore dfi's?) with 12p not running main fuel?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

you cant keep the DFI block and hook it up to an 808 to control timing... its a custom ignition module and is 100% not compatible. to keep the coil pack look, your only option that I can think of is to use the GM D1928A 6cyl DFI coil pack module, which only needs a simple 7 tooth crank trigger as detailed in this thread: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=128

that way the coil packs will look the same to the eye, but the brains underneath can now talk to an 808.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

GM D1928A 6cyl DFI coil pack module
as in a DFI module from a VN-VY V6 Commodore? Im not familiar with the part number sorry..
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

no.... v6 commodores need a really complicated crank trigger.... the D1928A can be found on ebay and other sites. in australia it was used on the v6 Jackeroo. much simpler crank trigger required.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Keeping all 12 plugs may need some experimenting, I dont know how two DIS modules will handle sharing the same reluctor sensor. You may need to run just one DIS or mount a second sensor 120deg away. It also may work perfectly fine!
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

If he wants to keep that setup there is the xdi electromotive system pretty much exactly the same as the system fitted may even be able to just use the ignition module and it has an optional map sensor you can hook up and also program your ignition map into it as well maybe an option
http://www.electromotive-inc.com
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I had a good think about it today.

there is 2 main tasks needed to be handled.

1, ignition with ability to make a spark table for it.

2. run some conventional injectors to supplement fuel at high boost.

So I thought, we can use VL400s module to utilize the trigger thats there. We can use the mentioned igniters.

The standard EFI system can be setup as per 808 requires, MAP, MAT, TPS etc... But the injector it drives are the auxiliary ones.

Now my therory is that the MFI will supply majority fuel and will take care of all rears not under boost. In 12P I reckon we could 0 out all the VE table we are not concerned about, max the target AFR in the same areas ( max lean) then focus on tuning the boost areas as well as the entire spark table 0-100kpa and 100-beyond.

Also we dont need IAC or VSS as the idle areas are all taken care of via MFI.

So what I reckon will happen is logging and calculating a new VE for a target of say 11:1 while the MFI can only supply Biggvl said of 13-14 at full noise, so it should calc a weird but aproprate VE to drive the injectors as we need.

We can also use features like map switching, spark cut rev limiter. Also as the boot is adjusted the arrears of the table kpa reached will ensure there is correct fueling, same as the spark under different levels.

I think it will work well, the tables of course will be fudges but the gains will be enormous for the customer.

Also I might mention that currently the 13-14 AFR on boost for air cooled engine of this expense is seriously a fluke something hasn't melted yet lol

oh and yeah like this the customer has full option for go complete EFI latter simply adding injectors and more plugs on the harness and bits, gain must better fueling and needed efficiency and can even go E85 with ease. They love E85 ! It just means he then has option for later if he likes
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Any updates?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I have a feeling he's been pretty busy with a couple of nightmare HSV vehicles!