My Toyota Lexcen

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
bmak
cars: commodore

Re: My Toyota Lexcen

Post by bmak »

I've been reading every thread I can, this site is a great resource.

I've never played with commodores before but have plenty of tuning/car experience so should pick it up pretty quick.

The car will be used for more than just burnouts although that's cheap fun for the kids. I'd say soon it will be at the drags and then we may need to look at making it quicker :)
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

a big big help for burnouts will also be to richen up the bottom end of WOT... (holden leaves it lean as under 3000rpm). makes it way easier to start spinning the wheels if you actually have power off the line.

for burnouts, I would suggest leaving the thermostat a bit more open than you need, then adjusting the fan ON temp in the memcal to 90 deg. that way on a static burnout the temp will still be regulated to 90 deg by the fan.
by default holden turn on the cooling fan at 103 degc and the high speed at 108 degc. that may have helped it overheat during your first burnouts...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

also another thing to keep in mind with burnouts, bouncing off the limit cuts fuel and will help to make a motor run lean and over heat!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:also another thing to keep in mind with burnouts, bouncing off the limit cuts fuel and will help to make a motor run lean and over heat!
also bad for the valve train not to mention the bottom end.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
bmak
cars: commodore

Post by bmak »

Holden202T wrote:also another thing to keep in mind with burnouts, bouncing off the limit cuts fuel and will help to make a motor run lean and over heat!
I see there are 2 limits to set.

Does the lower limit initiate timing retard by any chance before a fuel cut? If so lowering that maybe be any effective way of not hitting the fuel cut so easy.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

in the standard tune the lower number is when it re-applys fuelling.....

so 5500 and 5400 would mean at 5500rpm it will cut out, and once the rpm gets down to 5400 it would cut back in.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

timing retard close to redline was added to 12p if you wanted it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

Except hes using a vs pcm which adds a whole lot of work to converting to 808 to use 12p lol
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Oh yeah, when I think 'lexen' i always picture a VP :lol:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

antus wrote:Oh yeah, when I think 'lexen' i always picture a VP :lol:
you mean VQ statesman? The one I think you are referring to used the VQ front end with toyota front bar?

there was a VR/VS based one aswell.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.