Deka 60's Injector Values

Holden202T

Re: Deka 60's Injector Values

Post by Holden202T »

Dylan wrote:Yeah no O2 or knock sensors 6k rev limit. Only had one look at it cold with tgese injectors.
Cranking was pretty good but ran ordinary. Only early days still. Not sure if richer or leaner cold will help.
Try each and see i guess. Cars out of town so hard to access when i want to.
you can usually tell which way you need to go, it if starts but sounds partly flooded you need to reduce the cranking fuel, and usually if its not enough the motor will wind over for a long time before firing.....

also if you can do it, get a wideband on it and power it up with constant power so as soon as the engine fires you'll get a reading from it, that certainly helps to see which way you need to adjust.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I have a innovate tail pipe bracket on its way. My home made one was giving some pretty unreliable readings.
Cant wait to get back on this one but will probably be a couple of weeks I think.
My wide band is off battery feed on this car so should help.
Think my cranking fuel was around 4ms when warm.
blownvp

Post by blownvp »

Got the data off one of the car forums can't remember which one.i tried the proper deka data and it didn't work on my setup. I knew my ve was close previous tune different injectors petroland injector rate and afr targets was right but driving with the wideband is was lean everywhere.put the values in I posted up and everything fell into line.all I can think of that might be different is the fuel density that siemens tested the injectors with is different to alcohol and I'm using extra offset time to correct for it.i tried upping the ve first but went to high run out of scale.lve done heaps of kms street driving with wideband infront of one of the cats to check to see if the offset values would affect any part from cold start to cruise to full noise and it's all in line.you could get the same result altering the injector rate if you want to leave the Siemens deka offset values in there.
Last edited by blownvp on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

When i get some workable values into it I might try the single fire for low pulse width's again. From memory it was idling at around 4ms although it was rich so it will only get smaller. I did note you were not using this on yours. But I might try anyway just to see.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

this is what i run on one stock cam v6 turbo runs exactly the same as it did with stock injectors with no ve table changes off boost
seimens 60 injectoffset1.JPG
seimens 60 injectoffset1.JPG (191.82 KiB) Viewed 5686 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks for the info delcowizzid. Definetely some different results here. I guess the best way to do it is to send them to The1 for proper testing.
Obviously no 2 sets are the same but some big differences here.
Are these injectors being knocked off by the chinese reproducers?
blownvp

Post by blownvp »

No I don't think so.the makers rate with flow rate and offset time at a certain pressure using n-heptane fluid.so if pressure is different or different fuels different density the offset time and flow rate of the injector will change so you can change offset or injector rate to match what the injectors are actually flowing with the pressure or fuel change.with Delcowizzids settings he might have a slightly different injector rate or running a different rail pressure to mine and we end up with the same result plus allowing tolerance difference between injectors.
Last edited by blownvp on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

So you might say that you could get different results between petrol and E85 or even petrol and methanol?
blownvp

Post by blownvp »

Yes.different density fuels different flow for the same opening time of injector.
Last edited by blownvp on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Interesting. I wonder how similair methanol is to e85? Im new to anything except petrol. Must come down to a viscosity or weight variable.
Like i posted earlier. This engine ran better on the stock values, and your values were very similair to standard.
Next chance i get i will be trying this engine on your values. Im thinking im going to get some good results!