Deka 60's Injector Values

blownvp

Re: Deka 60's Injector Values

Post by blownvp »

Yeah I think you should be fairly close just remember I'm running a 3.5 bar reg not 3 bar so Delcowizzids settings might be better if 3 bar reg.i would try both sets of settings with the wideband connected and see the difference in afr.I would say e85 and methanol would be fairly close both alcohol based but the petrol in the e85 would alter it slightly from methanol.anyways best of luck and let us know how it goes.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

These figures change engine to engine.I have multiple different deadtimes even for cars with exact same setups cam etc.1 cam dialed in one on stock chain makes a difference just from the pressure waves heading back out the manifold are different so it's effecting fuel pudling with batch fire ecu.one has a different inlet manifold once again different offsets
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
slewinson
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

delcowizzid wrote:These figures change engine to engine.I have multiple different deadtimes even for cars with exact same setups cam etc.1 cam dialed in one on stock chain makes a difference just from the pressure waves heading back out the manifold are different so it's effecting fuel pudling with batch fire ecu.one has a different inlet manifold once again different offsets
Pardon the ignorance, but wouldn't the injector values like dead time be constant for a specific type, and the VE vary because of changes like manifold? Shouldn't fuel puddling be tuned out rather than compensated for by changing injector constants?

Confused
Simon.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Dylan wrote:Interesting. I wonder how similair methanol is to e85? Im new to anything except petrol. Must come down to a viscosity or weight variable.
Like i posted earlier. This engine ran better on the stock values, and your values were very similair to standard.
Next chance i get i will be trying this engine on your values. Im thinking im going to get some good results!
here some fuel weight figures I have which might help.
Petrol 0.737
Ethanol 0.789
Methanol 0.792
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Dont forget about fuel volume and fuel mass - cc/min and lb/hr are not measuring the same thing!

When determining the opening time on a test bench the test liquid and test temperature will cause results to vary greatly. If you are measuring a fuel mass for a given time at a fixed a injector DC (or static open) you can calculate g/s or lb/hr for that liquid - be it petrol, methanol or n-heptane. But to then calculate a fuel volume (ie cc/min) from the same measurements, the viscosity (which temperature changes) would influence the results. As an extreme example try passing engine oil through an injector, bet the old rule of thumb cc/min divided by 10.5 to get lb/hr does not apply!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Don't also forget they are flowed into test tubes under no vacuum either so variances arise when in a running engine
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

All interesting thanks boys
The1

Post by The1 »

that would be the idea of testing the injector at atmo in a tube so deadtimes should be correct, then fuel reg does the difference. Of coarse if other things like the reg aren't working correctly then all the deadtime accuracy in the world will not help. Hence why people find varying results on different cars.

i have only tested 80's on the bench so dont have any figures for these.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I'm looking like getting another look at this car this week. Got another tune done up with the new settings, thanks to Delcowizzid and BlownVP!
Anyone ever altered the table, Injector - Injector Delay Table (% Of Reference Period VS RPM & TPS)

Not really sure what it's about weather it only needed with stock injector's?
Sounds like another delay for opening times at idle?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I looked over the V8 bin last night it has all zero's in this table. Same injectors and fuel pressure.
I've left the standard values in though anyway.