vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: My 91 Vn Calais

Post by vlad01 »

I personally much prefer V6 sound myself.

can't beat eaton SC sound on top though.

if its never been painted, that would just be the acrylic oxidizing. cut and polish will do it wonders, nothing will peel if its all original as they dont have clear coat.

if the ID tag paint code starts with a number like 1 or 2 its acrylic, if it starts with a letter supposedly its factory 2 pack paint which may be clear coated. I haven't confirmed this as I am yet to see a 2 pack factory car.
I've wrecked tons of VN to VP and all were acrylic so far.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
holden08

Post by holden08 »

im thinking of going the l67, thanks for that info, i love the work you have done on the vp you have done a great job.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

How about just put a turbo on the motor in there ? I do prefer a V8 myself but I'd go an LS2 or newer over a 5.0
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

actually a turbo sound like the way to go.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
holden08

Post by holden08 »

dont the l67s have a stronger bottom end
holden08

Post by holden08 »

vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

holden08 wrote:dont the l67s have a stronger bottom end
yeah they do. shorter but stronger roads, longer more heavy duty piston with rings further down to avoid over exposure to heat. Lower compression for boost.

only downside is the rods are shorter and add more side thrust to the piston. A built up ecotec would be better with custom pistons and rods. Few mobs that specialize in V6 do this already.

or just boost the VN engine. they have nice solid pistons, rods and very long rod to stroke ratio which make them ideal for high torque stress applications. 10-15psi easy!

out of all pre ecotec the VR engine would be the best. Most refined, reliable and bit more comp it does well on mild boost.
holden08

Post by holden08 »

vlad01 wrote:
holden08 wrote:dont the l67s have a stronger bottom end
yeah they do. shorter but stronger roads, longer more heavy duty piston with rings further down to avoid over exposure to heat. Lower compression for boost.

only downside is the rods are shorter and add more side thrust to the piston. A built up ecotec would be better with custom pistons and rods. Few mobs that specialize in V6 do this already.

or just boost the VN engine. they have nice solid pistons, rods and very long rod to stroke ratio which make them ideal for high torque stress applications. 10-15psi easy!

out of all pre ecotec the VR engine would be the best. Most refined, reliable and bit more comp it does well on mild boost.
hmm its a hard decision i like the l67s, the vn has 270,000ks now
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

how about this one?

not sure what the go is with this engine but thats a pre ecotec L67 like what only the US got.

having a look at the pics it arrears to be a VR or late pre eco engine with M62 SC on top. So it should have 9:1 CR

its been on ebay for at least 2 years since i first noticed.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COMMODORE-VP ... 43be7f8a33
holden08

Post by holden08 »

if i had 4500 but just looking at a engine swap over for now, the pre eco supercharged 6 would have some torque