Wideband calculation

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Wideband calculation

Post by hsv08 »

I have my wideband setup to b12 on my vt ss.
Its a AEM wideband, I have calibrated it using lamba instead of AFR as it gets better sample rates.
When the AEM is unplugged it uses a default value of 14.7 or lambda 1.00 to calibrate it to the pcm.

In my ADX i have set up a Lambda and afr value in dashboard and monitor veiws.
When ignition is on and wideband sensor cable unplugged it pins WB at L1.0 (14.7), I have moved the calculation from ((((20.00-10.00)/51)*x)+10.00)/14.63
to ---------> ((((20.15-10.15)/51)*x)+10.15)/14.63 to get the TP dash to read the same as the WB gauge.

But once started the Lambda value is out by about .02 - .03 from the gauge.
I crossed referenced my narrowbands switching points and the are switching but the wideband doesnt reflect the dips the narrowband are making.

Why is the WB spot on in cal mode but off once started? Its also powered straight off the ignition acc wire and earthed at a bolt that bolts the steering column to the in body under the plastic ignition shrouds.

Heres two logs:-
One is of it it cal mode
key on wideband locked to L1.0.xdl
(13.1 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
other is in idle set at 14.1 and holding revs up a bit so it goes into closed loop.
wideband idle.xdl
(56.73 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
ADX is also included as ive set up lamda
VT_V8_$A6C_Enhanced_v0.91.adx
(128.68 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Wideband calculation

Post by VL400 »

hsv08 wrote:Why is the WB spot on in cal mode but off once started? Its also powered straight off the ignition acc wire and earthed at a bolt that bolts the steering column to the in body under the plastic ignition shrouds.
Its likely the earth location, when the vehicle is running high current switching starts (injectors, ignition etc) along with the alternator. If the wideband has a heater ground and signal ground, ground the heater pretty much anywhere and the signal ground to a ground wire of the the PCM. If its a single ground on the wideband ground it to the engine block near the ECU grounds.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: Wideband calculation

Post by hsv08 »

VL400 wrote:
hsv08 wrote:Why is the WB spot on in cal mode but off once started? Its also powered straight off the ignition acc wire and earthed at a bolt that bolts the steering column to the in body under the plastic ignition shrouds.
Its likely the earth location, when the vehicle is running high current switching starts (injectors, ignition etc) along with the alternator. If the wideband has a heater ground and signal ground, ground the heater pretty much anywhere and the signal ground to a ground wire of the the PCM. If its a single ground on the wideband ground it to the engine block near the ECU grounds.
Thank you for the reply. there is only 4 external wires from the gauge. the heater and signal must circuit back through the wideband as theres only one earth wire out. ill earth that to the engine block and see if it fixes it.