TPMS For Non HSV VF Commodores

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: TPMS For Non HSV VF Commodores

Post by Tazzi »

Progress made. NAV, TPMS (The works) enabled. But some restrictions.
But.. it can be done. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Good work mate, that didn't take you long
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

Good job Tazzi..
What are the restrictions?
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

HQ355 wrote:Good work mate, that didn't take you long
Not when you pump unlimited time into a project :thumbup:
Time is everyones limiting factor when it comes to R&D.
0081 wrote:Good job Tazzi..
What are the restrictions?
By restrictions, I mean as in if the vehicle doesnt have NAV, then nav wont work :thumbup:
Will need to remove the old mylink and fit in a nav equipment mylink for it to work.
Cobalt
cars: Katie Wagon

Post by Cobalt »

How about programming the bcm to do paddle shift liked the 2015 HSV's? I have access to a 2015 GTS with this activated and an elm327 for access.

Programming a sedan bcm to do wagon rear wiper or just using the wagon bcm and link it to the sedan?

Also converting a HSV GTS Sedan dash to a Wagon

I have a complete 2014 VF GTS that is being transplanted into a Wagon Shell.... I also have a stat VF 2014 SSV Wagon including all computers.

Happy to do what is require to make it all work and read bins etc as required or setup remote access.

I'm goling to use the old harness / steering wheel tomake a bench rig.

I want to hack the mylink as well but one thing at a time.

Cheers

Cobalt
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Cobalt wrote:How about programming the bcm to do paddle shift liked the 2015 HSV's? I have access to a 2015 GTS with this activated and an elm327 for access.

Programming a sedan bcm to do wagon rear wiper or just using the wagon bcm and link it to the sedan?

Also converting a HSV GTS Sedan dash to a Wagon

I have a complete 2014 VF GTS that is being transplanted into a Wagon Shell.... I also have a stat VF 2014 SSV Wagon including all computers.

Happy to do what is require to make it all work and read bins etc as required or setup remote access.

I'm goling to use the old harness / steering wheel tomake a bench rig.

I want to hack the mylink as well but one thing at a time.

Cheers

Cobalt
Wow.. sounds like a fair bit of money invested into grabbing a few VF's! Been hoping to buy a full wrecked VF, although got nowhere to put it.. would make R&D alot faster thats for sure.
First off, paddle shift, as far as Im aware i can enable that in the older BCM's. Unfortunately without a VF commodore, I cant test this!.

As for programming a sedan BCM to do wagon rear wiper... absolutely no idea about that one!. Didnt even know about that. Your best bet is to see if its not automatically enabled from factory?

By 'hack' the mylink.. do you mean do some fancy custom firmware stuff, logos orrr??? Since.. from what I can see.. its encrypted :shock:

And an ELM327 isnt gonna do you much luck here! That will only be suitable for reading engine/transmission information on the 11bit HS CAN line!
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

I want to modify the my link for things like GTS Wagon on boot or change the number to 0001 etc. Also for vim an possible config changes like changing the sequence for source scroll to remove inactive sources.. But that is pipe dream and not important.

How are you accessing the bcm? I thought they were on the can bus? Do I need a different can adapter

What about converting the cluster from sedan to wagon? That one I assume is just a setting in the eprom. I have surface mount solder gear and eprom readers to read both eproms.

Happy to get the equipment I need to give you the info you need to assist in the VF Development.

I'm going to make up a VF Bench rig with the remaining parts I have left over. I have a bcm,ecu,parking,keyless modules as well as hvac and the mylink

Wiper - The sedan bcm in the vy I/ii it works on intermittent but doesn't sync to run full when the other wipers are on 1 or 2 how ever thre vf has a switch for two modes rather than syncing with the front as it does with the vy wagon bcm Never went much further with this but I may be tempted get a dump from the vy senator sedan which by the way has a telematics module if you want test the responses for that. I have an aldl cable and have hacked the arrow software to bypass the login and get it to do most of the functions for cluster. bought a tech 2 but it got dropped and shit itself. Bloddy kids... Is there an option for programming the bcm in the tech2 I cantg remember...

Chaars

Cobalt
Srjvf
cars: Vf calais sportwagon. Bmw e53 x5

Post by Srjvf »

Hi new to the forums. This is the only one of any help relating to enabling tpms. Tazzi how do i enable the tpms on the vf. Looks like you have been able to crack the gm boxes. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

OK... Updates

I purchased an MDI (GM Scantool)chinese knockoff and a subscription to Acdelco TDS for the software to play with

After a lot of trial and error I can scrub a car to no vin security ...bascially same as it powers on when being built. I cant change the srs module as supplied software lacks the ability to remove the security in the factory software for vin removal. At this stage without further developement if you wanted to do what ive done and change config with vin changes, you would have to buy a new srs module or put up with a couple of error messages present in the body control module but showing no airbag light. Dont try to program tne srs module to a mismatched vin as it kils it...After scrubbing the security I can then change the vin in the bcm and re-pair the keys. Then program all the modues to the new vehicle including front view camera and hud. This enables the features that the cars was built with provided there are no hardware mismatches from changes in production... I was lucky an noproblen with the vin i chose... Try one with very similar build dates...

I have successfully converted the SS electronics I had to be that of a Calais V installed it all in a VE Shell with a 3.0litre v6 I hade with modified Evoke wiring. I modified the 3.6l tune with HPTuners to work with the 3litre engine and correct the lack of alaternate fuel capability of the smaller motor by turning oof the fuel comp sensor low frequency mil nd error. My car now has all the calais v functionality including keyless go, rainsense wipers, lin bus windows, hud, frontview camera with gap alert and lane departure warning.... all working and all full factory updated programming. Albeit with the vin from a Calais V Sportwagon I found on Car Sales :).... I have all the immo functionality working correctly. I updated the radio to get rear view camera lines and all the current fixes and features including better sound it seems.

If you wanted to do the TPMS thing you could do a Conversion to the Craig Lowndes VIN but there would be warranty ramifications for that sort of behaviour I would expect. Until I actually have time or the willngness to sniff the packets and reverse the protocol this is the only wy to get TPMS Working I can do. Tazzi hasgone quiet, it seems, on the VF Stuff

Unfortunately with the v6 there are differences to the Brake Vacuum sensor in the v8 ecu so I cannot enable TPMS in my vehicle at this stage.

I have worked out how the instrument cluster does the images for door open etc. All images are not stored in the cluster at once. If you install and "Pair" a wagon cluster to a sedan it will say "rear access open" when the bootlid is open and vice versa. It appear from my testing that a sedan vehicle will operate the wagon module for rear wiper and tailgate operation succesfuly.

For the GTS I can remove the security, program the cluster as a wagon using a Clubsport Tourer VIN and then Pair it back to the sedan BCM. This will not resolve the images on the GTS MyLink for edi and parking sensors but that is not the end of the world. I may be able to program the EDI as a wagon but until that is all together I wont know. I dont want to it show as a Clubsport or remove the accssr to the MRC so I will leave well enough alone and put up with the incorrect pctures. :twisted:

I know this is now possible and have the procedures to make it happen without concern. 8-) 8-) 8-)

I got all the wiring diagrams from the acdelco tds website to /make this all happen as well....
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Wow, great work :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

From what I have worked out the EBCM VIN can't be changed either, so a conversion would require an SRS and EBCM at this stage?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...