psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: GregsVN

Post by psyolent »

absolutely not. i wanted rubber. when i resealed my vn v8, rubber it was. it DOES NOT leak. who'd have thunk. a holden v8 that does not leak.
i also changed the sump 'bolts' to studs.

in other news the VN has an empty engine bay now, time to clean it up a bit and fix up some holes.

question, can someone measure the overflow bottle for me and tell me the distance between the strut tower and the start of the fusebox cover please?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:absolutely not. i wanted rubber. when i resealed my vn v8, rubber it was. it DOES NOT leak. who'd have thunk. a holden v8 that does not leak.
i also changed the sump 'bolts' to studs.

in other news the VN has an empty engine bay now, time to clean it up a bit and fix up some holes.

question, can someone measure the overflow bottle for me and tell me the distance between the strut tower and the start of the fusebox cover please?

But thats what I said, you don't want cork.

I put on a cork one years ago on my Vp as it was the only thing available back then and I really really regret it, back of my bumper is covered in oil thats how much it leaks.

My local mechanic had a nos V6 gasket in this attic so I used that on my VR. I was like score! because I had been looking for one for years even just for my VP. A whole 20 bucks it cost me lol. Good to see the other mobs making rubbers ones now as that would save a heap of frustration, too bad they didn't have any when I wanted them.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

correct, no cork.

not much progress of late as i have been unwell with the cold that keeps on giving.
i cleaned up and fitted the 65mm TB i found i had buried away in all my junk. that was so full of carbon and stuff it was unbelievable. i would have been suprised if the IAC stepper could have even moved. anyway, its cleaned, and happily fitted.
also cleaned up the 700r4 as that was filthy too need to order a trans mount for that while i think of it, extremely happy with how clean it came up. got a new rubber gasket for the filler tube from GM so thats a win too.
pulled the VS reservoir off the master i got from the wreckers and cleaned up/fitted that the VS booster, shortened and filed a slot in the bolt and sat that home, so thats looking pretty aok.
i scored a washer reservoir with the integrated overflow bottle during the week too so i can fit that again and make sure thats all good to go too.
getting there, albeit slowly at the moment, good to see things coming together, finally.
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

any progress is good progress :)
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

agreed sam, bit slow going today, now waiting for POR to dry. i kept grinding and kept finding rust so kept going :|
Cheers,

psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

....and heres a bit more progress with good old POR15
light sand and some primer tomorrow if its not too cold. sorry next day, its the boys birthday tomorrow. no car work.
Cheers,

Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

man that's got to be a bitch of a spot to get into! looks like its going to sort the issues though!
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

not alot of fun sammy. wire wheel on drill gets in there, as does that brittle stripping wheel thingamajig (dunno what its called, attaches also to drill and rips the shit out of anything it touches), though, as you'd imagine, brake fluid had flaked the paint away pretty well so it literally peeled away. once that was done, hit it with some prepsol then out comes the POR. need to go to pickapart again and get some brake lines and other bits and bobs so I can finish this off, is starting to bug me taking SOOOO long i just want that motor in there purring :)
Cheers,

Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I've done my share of paint removing with wire wheels and such, shit of a job even on an easy to get at spot :)
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

bit of different work tonight, slightly off topic ...

before
after

these were a good mates (my best mans actually) speakers from a million years ago....he was throwing them out because the foams were shat. i grabbed em and finally got to speakerbits to get the replacement foams. for 25 bucks for a new foam, the rest of the speaker is still great, and, they will make perfect garage speakers.
Cheers,