Twin Turbo V6 - LPG Injection

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: Twin Turbo V6 - LPG Injection

Post by Holden202T »

well if the arp studs couldn't hold the heads down then it sounds like the buick needs more of them like the chevs have!!
Apples

Post by Apples »

Sweet Engine for a van.
What size turbos are they?
I have never seen LPG injection out side of testing good to see to works in the real world.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

my neighbor has lpg injection in his falcon .... apparently they are still ironing out the tune in it .... sounds rough as on cold starts sometimes!
jacomms
cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)

Post by jacomms »

So the 10psi wasnt a head stud problem.......10 psi was the happy point for the LPG. I NEVER had head stud problems at all. The proble with higher boost was in the LPG. Rail sat at only 18psi so in higher boost the induction was fighting the gas pressure and as a end result Id run out of LPG. The injectors wer never ment for boosted engines. The same bits in this eng were running up to 22psi in the US id loved to have seen what it was like on petrol over LPG ;-)

as you can imagine the tune problems some of the falcons and commodores are having was never a problem.....TP is a god sent along with a few other lil goodies we have all come to love.

I still have the injectors and converter and am thinking of putting them into my VX Wagon. ummmmmm dam flash PCM!!!

Justin
jacomms

Post by jacomms »

Turbos are T2's Flowed to come in staged. left bank spooled first then right bank.....just spooled very fast to 10psi and stayed there till gear change/rev limit.

Justin
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i thought when you said the cooling system was increasing psi over 10 pound that you were having problems keeping the heads down!
jacomms

Post by jacomms »

Yeh that was my 1st choice of problems too. I did some test on other boosted cars and found the same thing...... cooling system increase by about 3psi @ or over 12 psi boost?????? hahhahaha Id love to have a tech answer for you as to why??? Ya know in all the years of working on cars with mods Id never struck it, then the next 3 cars I checked did the same????? ummmmm oh well none of them lost water though????

Justin