Turbo VN V6

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
clint02
cars: turbo vn

Re: Turbo VN V6

Post by clint02 »

I run the supercharged v6 plugs the are set to the standard gap of 1.3mm

the part number is (NKG) BPR6EF-13 im not sure if they have a different heat range, but they are a different gap to standard, non supercharged.

I have done a few supercharged ls1's and found that if you drive them hard they eat plugs resulting in a miss fire at high revs and load, i would recomend to change the plugs every service, its cheap insurance.

im going to change mine before the skidpan day in a few weeks.

Hey there Mat, another turbo wagon cool, looks like we are getting a clan, be interested to see some pick of your set up.
yeah the V6's love boost, and if they pop they are cheap to fix
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

chears clint couldnt by any chance email me that bin back ive lost my one with timing changes damn it all hopefully i remember the injector constant i put in the guys tune think it was 106 maybe LOL has 36Lb injectors.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

definately different plugs to what i just bought for the ecotec they are ngk bpr6efs-15

and it doesn't suprise me your having issues if the plugs are really black, i had issues with the gemini dropping cylinders when i first put the holley on it cause it was too rich!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well might have found the problem made him check his 2 bar sensor part number seems hes been sold a 3 bar from what my research suggests.so probably no wonder the tune is out buy so much.you want to buy a 3 bar clint LOL :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that could do it!!
clint02
cars: turbo vn

Post by clint02 »

wow 3bar, I wonder how far a stock vn v6 can be pushed? 3 bar is something like 21psi
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

3bar allows for upto 30psi of boost 20 would be about max without some work on the engine to keep the head gaskets between the heads and block oringing and copper gaskets etc
cracker
cars: vn turbo, vl turbo

Post by cracker »

very intresting looks great! big sleeper, havent had it down the strip yet? or on the dyno love to know what power it makes!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i know with a stuffed clutch and wheelspin it was doing 14sec flat on the 1/4
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

with the spark problems try a set of S/C coils as well, they have a higher output
i had similar issues on a VR i did a while ago, the coils fixed it all up

Rob