Any thoughts whats happening here?

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Any thoughts whats happening here?

Post by Dylan »

Always good to see progress! I learnt that the hard way too on a mates car. Sent them off for the real data to be generated by The1 and all sorted!
j_ds_au

Re: Any thoughts whats happening here?

Post by j_ds_au »

Charlescrown wrote:Tried another ECU and it did exactly the same so I did some hard thinking about the tune. I have raised the VE figures up a bit in the very low RPM range. Even though it wasn't that low in revs I am sure the cells interpolate which may be causing it to run too lean when it seems to have it's little flutter and so far so good. The engine is like me old and tired so I figure there might not be optimum manifold vacuum and it jumps around a bit. Also going to make a small vacuum chamber to get a more stable map vacuum hoping it might help. Being TBI is not my idea of ideal particularly with big injectors probably having a lousy spray pattern at low speed pouring fuel onto the back of the throttle plate doesn't give a very even fuel distribution. Trying to keep the car as original as possible hence the reason I haven't gone to multipoint.
From what I've read, there are injectors specifically for TBI operation, which atomize rather than spray.

Joe.