12P Flex Fuel Discussion

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Re: 12P Flex Fuel Discussion

Post by HQ355 »

Just out of interest has anyone got a car with flex fuel and use the feature ? I only ask because a mate recently got a brand new SSV redline and it dosnt have it, VE series 2 has it but they've dropped it on the latest ones, was it problematic ?
vt3.8lt
cars: Vt v6 turbo @ 8psi

Post by vt3.8lt »

ive often pondered about this option but after converting to it id prefer to just run either the one fuel or the other the amount of time and effort to go about having to change the code to have adjustments made based on the ethanol content just doesn't seem worth the effort when 100% of the time as far as i can say id just run the one fuel and not blend them just based on the performance loss but having said that it would be nice to be able to put something else into the tank in case of emergencies when the other fuel isnt available and the car needs to get home but having bin switching etc on these chips i think that a separate tune could easily be made for just such an occasion just my oppinion
The answer is always... boost!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Imagine talking to some bloke about his new BMW and he's going on about how it's all set up for flex fuel and how cool it is. You can say how your VN Commodore has all that too.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:Imagine talking to some bloke about his new BMW and he's going on about how it's all set up for flex fuel and how cool it is. You can say how your VN Commodore has all that too.

No, you say the Vn has run on it for years. its old technology already. You're bmw is a bit behind.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

its not one of those things like the DOD is it ? where its only available in an auto or something like that ?

i wouldn't have thought that once they went to the trouble of setting it all up that they'd stop .... maybe its just not popular enough for daily drivers ?
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Don't know, there's a few things that my VE series 2 has that his dosnt, may be there just cutting corners now to save a few $$
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Just out of interest as I was moving the fuel pump on the Q today and then thought should I upgrade it and the lines while I'm at it to be E-85 friendly ? How much more power and torque would be a good guesstimate that I'd pick up by running on E-85, motor is 308 stroked to 350, 10:1 comp and making 210kw and 470nm at the wheels on shell 98. It's only running a Bosch VL turbo pump atm so doubt that would have enough in reserve. Anyone got any good ideas where to mount the pimp in a nice safe location, havnt got much room near the tank with twin 2/12 ex and 9" diffs etc
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Not sure what size lines you have now but I've seen late .kdel stock 5/16 lines flow good. Walbro do ahi flow pump that fits into late model tanks straight up and are very quite.
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

I can put any fuel line that will suit but I don't have a late model tank. I have a grinder and welder though :)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

An upgrade wouldn't hurt anyway maybe a 1/2 supply and 3/8 return if room allows and a big ass walbro and an external adjustable regulator. Game over then for life. That'll handle anything.