vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: T5 shifter?

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355 wrote:I have hurst on t-56 and love it, good adjustability, don't forget mate we can cut and shut to give stock look and finally fuck Mel wood :)

yeah I'm with you on the last part.

I guess the cube could be the one to get. Looks like its made to take a stock lever too as it has 3 holes on the shaft. I might contact and see what they say on that and ask for height as well.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

this would be my pick of the list but just trying to confirm its fully compatible with holden t5. i very much do believe it is as our t5 does look almost the same as mustang and also the gearbox numbers first lots of digits says its ford mustang according to guy at thegearbox.org

http://www.hurst-shifters.com/search-re ... kw=3915031
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
TdracerTd
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

Cube has positive stops too.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

the good quality ones have stop adjustment for all gears the cheap ones have a stop for foward and back on the stick we broke so many shift forks and plastic pads on the t5 shift forkss that we sold the setup and went stock.you couldnt adjust it in a way that allowed some gears to shift in properly while limiting other gears that would overshift the syncro.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't really get the shift stops.

As far as I see the T5 has built in stops already and why would it be a problem? is it for those that just keep pushing in the gear and drive around holding onto the shifter? Because apparently that the new cool thing to do when driving a manual these days.

and you have a point, looks like they would only work in 3/4 and no where else. I'd just throw them out just for the sake of fitting the boot on and seems like an after thought anyway.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

looks like the hurst might be no good. All imperial so i cant fit my stick to it.

billet's emails just bounce back so im assuming they might not be in business? no prices on the site and seems no one is maintaining it
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Aren't the gear knobs imperial? 3/8 from memory
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

it could be but the stupid thing is the hurst ones use m12 knob and 3/8 stick screws.

OEM is M8 stick and im pretty sure the knob is M10 as I did a quick measure before and got about 10mm on the vern but 3/8 is like 9.525mm so it could be that too.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

We can make it what ever you need ? It's not hard
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

orrrr...

http://www.burtonpower.com/quickshift-g ... -qs11.html

Found this one via google images when I was searching for cosworth branded shifter as there is one on ebay UK at the moment.