Stroked and poked Q

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Stroked and poked Q

Post by HQ355 »

Ok so the latest improvement to the Q is going to be an in tank fuel pump conversion. The current external one gets issues when level gets down to a 1/4 or bellow. I was at the commodore wreckers the other day and there was a 6ltr statesman pump that looked like it would be good size wise however it only had one outlet (return less set up I assume ) so I thought if I run the same injectors I could make my set up the same and get upgraded injectors at same time ? How do these systems adjust pressure or does anyone have a better idea ?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Stroked and poked Q

Post by vlad01 »

why not that complete unit the Big G uses? that think is great and you'd be able to get rid of the square sump from the tank too.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Aeromotive phantom, exy but a sweet bit of billet
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

vlad01 wrote:why not that complete unit the Big G uses? that think is great and you'd be able to get rid of the square sump from the tank too.
Getting rid of the sump, getting another tank tomorow, I just want something that will work with only 500ml in the tank like those late model ones. Was going to go commodore tank but then I won't have a fuel gauge so canned that idea
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

thats the one you want then. Its just a race grade FSU, ie pump, swirl-pot and return all build into one unit. Its foam filled iirc so awesome for cornering.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

It's a nice bit of gear but it's prob $800 by the time it's on my doorstep ! And it's way overkill for my needs ! I think a VT onwards will be more than enough for my needs and if I ever need to up grade there's plenty of bolt in pumps available at nice prices as well !
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

the later returnless setups have a reg built into the pump unit to regulate to 60psi. an easy conversion could be to dump a VY/VZ pump in there. they have a pump, swirl pot, reg all in one unit, but the fuel goes out the tank, through the filter, then a Tee, one side goes to engine, other side goes back to tank, where it goes into the in tank Regulator. you dont have to run the reg, you can peel it out of the return line and run a VY ls1 pump unit/swirl pot and leave the reg at the engine. can pick the units up brand new cheap, and all you need is a hole in the top of the tank to drop the pump unit in and secure it.

edit: on second thoughts, the regulator in those systems outputs to a little jet pump to help fill the swirl pot.... may be easier to leave the reg in the tank and go returnless...... then retune to suit... youd have to back off the fuel in the off throttle areas.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

I used a VT commodore pump module on my HZ ute (tank is likely taller than yours).
Still runs the return line. Swirl pot built in. Cheap and easy.

Made up some adaptor rings, cut a hole in the top of the tank and soldered them in.
Pump module is secured like factory and seals with the same o-ring.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

ah yes if memory serves correctly.... VT-VY pump units were mostly the same, except the v6 unit has no reg and so uses a normal return line from the ecotec engines regulator. the ls1 units were almost the same except its returnless, so there is a reg at the end of the return line in the tank unit and a Tee right in front of the tank after the filter to go back to the Reg inside the tank and to the engine.

so yeah, a vt-vy v6 pump assembly should be a drop in and hook up job as described above by pman
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Anyone know what the flow rate of the stock VN-VS in tank pump is before pressure starts to fall away?