FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Gareth

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Gareth »

An old boss of mine at one point owned an LJ torana sports sedan that ran a turbo 202 reliably for many years, I used to maintain it for him. This is similar to the sump to rocker cover vent system used on his.

torana-turbo-engine-2-nw.jpg
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Ah yes, that makes a lot of sense. Vent the crank to the rocker first, then out the rocker cover. That would negate the windage pressure forcing out via the pushrod holes and help with oil and air separation that might occur if you vented just out the crank by itself.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i originally had a third breather line from the fuel pump hole to the catch can, it was getting a lot of oil up that tube on the dyno so i then decided to use a T piece and put it into the tappet cover via the front breather, but that didnt seem to help either so im not sure....
brindo

Post by brindo »

Is there a preferential side on the engine for breathers to be tapped into? I know on the larger engines you generally don’t mount oil level controllers etc on the RH side due to windage. Same could be true for breathers. Wouldn’t matter in the rocker cover but maybe in the sump.

Great power though.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

pretty sure in the case of this engine the crank would be rotating up and towards the fuel pump hole breather so that wouldnt be helping...
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I bet you shat yourself when that happened. the rings might need bedding in to reduce the crankcase pressure only problem is you can't (legally) take for a drive to do it.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

I’ve got a similar problem with my turbo 265 engine with it experiencing blow back after changing the rings and I assume the rings haven’t bedded in correctly. The compressions are all good and even but it haven’t traveled many kms since the re-ring. Following with interest.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Try an Anti Foaming oil!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!