Segment swap with different O/S

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
80gus

Re: tun file to bin

Post by 80gus »

ok i must have linked the wrong file the bottom file was a 4l80e see link in last post, now i just need to get that into bin somehow.
80gus

Post by 80gus »

your a champion thanks once again vn5000.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sorry for the confusion I thought I read 6L80, that would be cool don't think it would work though attached is the bin of file with flag changed from 4L60 to 4L80... what's the difference & benefits?
Attachments
Commodore 2005 Sedan Automatic LS1 5.7 Litre (12592433-92178973-4L80E).bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 287 times
80gus

Post by 80gus »

thanks for that i just run a comparison on the bin with a stock file its only a flag that states transmission that changes,
Ive been trying all afternoon to swap segments with none matching o/s without much success. comes up with failed validation check with hp.
Basically the only way i have found to run a 4l80 in a commodore or (commodore loom/ecu in a conversion) you have to change the ECU Operating system, and with most o/s for the 4l80e this introduces other issues with A/C, or knock sensor settings. I have a way around it i have done for a while i simply earth 1 pin in the ecu. I have a silverado ecu o/s that works great, but i still loose the ability to shut the a/c compressor output off at desired rpm. VN5000 may have a fix for me, but ill keep trying to play with the bin see if i can get a successful swap, you only learn by trying i guess.

Problem is there is no commodore o/s that have a corresponding 4l80e tune to do a simple segment swap.
The difference with the 4l80-4l60 is extra speed sensors and different solenoid configuration. there is ways around it with wiring, being a little bit of a tuner and having a test vehicle id like to perfect it to help others out for future conversions.
The end goal is to have a 1024 kb ecu with FBW or FBC 4l80e, an A/C that will cut in and out RPM related and Flex Fuel.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

What's involved in the 1mb PCM running a cable type throttle body? Tune wise.
80gus

Post by 80gus »

http://www.lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm

Engine Segment swap, and an ecu that has the IAC controller. Or start with an express DBC O/S that is, problem with that is the nock sensor settings are way messed up, and the sensors them selves have different threads and wont fit easy.
In saying i have played with a tune with a HPT format with out the IAC Driver and it run fairly good, not sure if it was controlling the iac has i dint make any changes to it.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Segment swap with different O/S

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So have you got a file with the trans segment you want to try in either bin or hpt format?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I would avoid segment swapping it doesn't allways Work been there done that lol had very weird shifting issues in 4l60e ls1 that had same os number swapped vt auto calibration into corvette bin of same os. It's been suggested on a lot of threads on the net to not do it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
80gus

Post by 80gus »

sorry for the delayed reply's i had to actually work the last couple of days!.
I found a O/S i want to use a 2004 Express its got everything I need, except I cant find it in bin file i found it in HPT. I found a matching O/S ive done a complete segment swap off all sectors no need to flash it to an ecm with hpt and drag it back out again as bin format and confirm. Long way around but i just couldn't find it in bin, fingers crossed i think it should work.
80gus

Post by 80gus »

SUCCESS working great i have confirmed it works took the tunne for a drive this morning, I have lost the tacho, will put a scope on the output next chance i get see what output its getting but from what i'm reading I need to use on a pull up resistor on the Blue Grenn ECU's. ANd i need to confirm the Knock sensors are calibrated correctly, Pretty impressed with my efforts considering im only relatively new to this, I've managed to turn a v6 USA Green blue ECU into a DBC-4l80e-FLex fuel. with working A/C, with out being able to find a bin file that was correct. I cant complement VN 5000's LS1 Flash tool enough. if i had used generic software i would have burnt through so many Credits by now. And the help I got form you guys on the forum.
So whats the best way to share this tune for others to use?

Next step to get a flex fuel 4l80e tune working on a commode based tune in 512. There's a couple on segment swaps ill have to manually.