Megafactories Camaro 2010

For non EFI mechanical discussion
The1

Megafactories Camaro 2010

Post by The1 »

I thought this video was really interesting, some of the robot rigs and testing stations.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2l8r65o_c[/youtube]
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Megafactories Camaro 2010

Post by vlad01 »

Thanks! was good watching that even though the narrator was a big clueless lol.

I wonder if we will get these here after commodores are no longer produced, sweet looking and well built cars.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

ive heard that camaro wont be coming over due to the factory not being setup for Right hand drive production and Australia isn't a big enough market to warrant a factory update for this. Apparently Ford though are going to import the mustang as the factory is already setup for RHD. :x :x
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Ford already have many pre-orders/deposits for the Mustang.....

The dick running GM needs to pull his head out of his Ass and see there is a huge market for these in Australasia. I was under the impression that the new Camaro platform can be set up for both left and right hand drive?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

there are already many current model RHD mustangs driving around. not sure how they are being sold here though, so far all I have seen have been the ecoboost 4cyl models so might be UK imports.

I'm glad they have them here now as they are 10 times better looking than anything ford produced over here.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Mustangs are being sold in Australia by Australian dealers. There are a few in my area running the modular V8 (haven't seen an ecoboost yet).
The current Camaro is not designed to be anything other than LHD. Any that are RHD are converted by small volume shops. There is one in my area but it is an owner import and was converted in Sydney somewhere.
The next Camaro is being developed as both LH and RH drive. but probably wont be available till 2018-20 at the earliest.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I just watched this. Quite interesting the tollerances in manufacture, and also in the body shop how robots do optical QA with 1mm precision. Also at the other end magnetised paint doing different colours (colors?) right next to each other with no barriers and no over spray, whole car in 1 min 20 I think it was.

If the next model comes out in RHD and is sold here so be it. I'd certainly own one one day but I reckon its a VF SS first.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'd like to see VF SV6 II with the LF3 engine (twin turbo alloytec)

as for the paint part. got me thinking the electrostatic paint method is a lot more refined than when my VP was built.

see... cross contamination of some silver paint in there and a eye lash hair it seams lol
Attachments
IMG_0987.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

nice turbo v6 pr0n

Upper plenum and intercoolers. Pretty neat design.

cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

They really should have released the V6 twin turbo motor over here..