cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VS sc V6 unstable idle issue

Post by vlad01 »

not the belts slipping?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ok so now you have the vacuum leak fixed, now try block the throttle hole again to get the iac working like mentioned before.

But the idle fuel was set to around 0.5 leaner than stoich for e85 to "try" & get a little better economy out of it for the extra amount e85 uses & for the most part was within 5% of commanded to what was shown on the wideband.

With the maf being bigger than standard, being nearly double the distance from throttle body & the intake pipe being nearly twice as wide as standard I.D. will all have an affect on precise fuel response!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

With the wherring noise at & just off idle could be the fact of the belt not being aligned properly as you already know they are or just the extra air with supercharger & plumbing for boost bypass or even the fact the throttle airflow isn't correct with blade or iac as its not the correct adapter plate & gasket(supposed to be rubber o ring type).
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

What throttle body is it running.

If its a LS style make sure you have the hoses in the right spot. It can cause it to squeal
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

if you are talking about the noise in the video, just sounds like the IAC passages whistling. They all do that, its just noticeable if you have a CAI and not a factory airbox to muffle the induction noise.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Where abouts is the wide band located in exhaust with a 108lsa there would be a lot of over lap pumping air in to the exhaust
vHell83
cars: Supercharged VH V6

Post by vHell83 »

vlad01 wrote:not the belts slipping?
Nah. The belts aren't slipping that's a definate.
vHell83

Post by vHell83 »

0081 wrote:What throttle body is it running.

If its a LS style make sure you have the hoses in the right spot. It can cause it to squeal

Its an ls tb with the top coolant passages removed. Theres only one hose from the tb and its on, tight and cable tied.
vHell83

Post by vHell83 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Ok so now you have the vacuum leak fixed, now try block the throttle hole again to get the iac working like mentioned before.

But the idle fuel was set to around 0.5 leaner than stoich for e85 to "try" & get a little better economy out of it for the extra amount e85 uses & for the most part was within 5% of commanded to what was shown on the wideband.

With the maf being bigger than standard, being nearly double the distance from throttle body & the intake pipe being nearly twice as wide as standard I.D. will all have an affect on precise fuel response!
Economy was the last thing on my mind with e85.

If people are so worried about economy then as per the red VT, 98RON is the way to go.
vHell83

Post by vHell83 »

jca wrote:Where abouts is the wide band located in exhaust with a 108lsa there would be a lot of over lap pumping air in to the exhaust
Jase, it's in the left bank as per factory o2 location on pacemaker setup.