HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Interpreting data. VS s3 Log

Post by HQ355 »

Regulator ? Or vac hose too reg ?
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

Injectors are standard as far as I know. Have another used set here I'll put in to try sometime this week though. Will try to check the fuel pressure this week sometime too

Anyone know if vs s3 injectors are different to the early injectors? Maybe I have the wrong (early) type?

Edit: they're different. looks like vs v6 injectors are what I need.
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

The CEL is coming on frequently, with code 44 - o2 sensor lean.
I know for a fact that it isn't running lean (the past couple of times the code sets under medium throttle with around a 13.5-13.8 AFR - this is on LPG.

Thinking I might run a separate earth to the sensor and replace it with a new one.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

my mate has a vn motor in his vt and it allways throws the lean o2 code on his old vt tune mostly coasting downhill that it pops on
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

delcowizzid wrote:my mate has a vn motor in his vt and it allways throws the lean o2 code on his old vt tune mostly coasting downhill that it pops on
Yeah might just be what it does lol. It's not a roller motor, just has all the sequential stuff fitted. Can be a bit of a dog to start when it's been sitting for a while too. Foot flat to the floor and for a couple of seconds and letting go while cranking gets it started.

On gas has considerably more power than when it had the old 424 ecu/batchfire setup too.

Received the reconditioned injectors today, so will be another thing to tick off the list when they're fitted
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

Replaced injectors and fuel pump yesterday. Idles really nicely and drives well at low load/cruise - unbelievable difference. But when I load it up it leans right out...

Almost ready to buy a new car lol
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Get a wide band and tune it spot on with enhanced code
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

The problem must lie within the sensors or maybe the wiring. It's calculating the injector timings incorrectly. I mean, I can tune the LPG to compensate for the lean running (which I have) but it's still not as it should be. I want to be able to run it on both fuels properly.

If I unplug the MAF it goes extremely rich (10:1 AFR) when even light throttle is applied - so I don't think it's a mechanical issue?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Whenever you are not targeting 14.7 there is no correction from the O2 sensors just a fixed calculation from the MAF signal. Prlvided that is correct and a healthy fuel system you'll get the target of 12.5 or whatever it is at that point. Whata is the wide band reading at full load?
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

Okay so I should be looking at the MAF wiring? I take it the MAF and the tps are the main inputs for fueling under throttle?

The whole fuel system has been replaced in the past week - injectors, regulator and pump.
At idle it sits around 14.7-15 and randomly leans to 16.8 or so. Under load it leans right out to 19+.

Basically, the more load, the leaner it runs.