vr v8 turbo base tune

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: vr v8 turbo base tune

Post by Dylan »

Just done a quick google as I remember doing that to get to pound hour first and it comes up as 42 pound not 65.
I was thinking 440cc sounded pretty low for 65lp conversion. 42lb and 8 cylinder is 0.06 like I had, I may have been playing around with the calculator afterwards.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

start with the simple stuff open the throttle blades and get the iac counts down to a sane value they are maxed out get it down round 30-40 if it isnt fully warmed up and 20 odd fully hot.you may have to ignition off and restart after setting idle if tps volts moves to far to stay in idle mode.injector size around 0.035 ish should be close for 65lb and 304 stock bore stroke
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

also check base timing at 10 degrees in diagnostic mode before going any further
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Just tried to adjust the throttle stop screw, there must be some thing not right there. Doesn't matter how far open the throttle is the steps are still flat out?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

If it's mad rich it'll need a lot if air to gain any rpm. More timing will help often too.
With the different intake charge temp can also need work to usually. But that's not a major concern yet.
Wade

Post by Wade »

didn't get the chance to get new plugs today, but set up a new tune and got it all working with the 2 bar adx. still seems to be doing the same thing, idles like its a 3000hp funny car
Attachments
OSE_$12PV112_2BAR - Petrol with VECalc.adx
(85.57 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
OSE12P V112 - 1,2 and 3 bar.xdf
(406.8 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
OSE $12P V112 BLCF V8.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

If I told you how many sets of plugs me and mates have been through back in the day on worked 5 litre's you wouldn't believe me. They don't recover and you get know where fast. Not cheap either or easy to change my VR has ABS that makes it a real challenge.
Wade

Post by Wade »

M8 on this car it's even harder. I've got to remove the dump pipe and catch cans before I can even think about getting to the plugs. And both front plugs I can't even get a socket onto them. If I make a custom tool should be able too though.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Looking at your injector data they're are actually flowing 70lb hour. I've actually tuned a 304 with torque power and a 284 I'll copy that VE into your bin posted above and change injector rate for 70lb. I see there's a lot of boost changes in that bin make sure that's what you want.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Wade wrote:M8 on this car it's even harder. I've got to remove the dump pipe and catch cans before I can even think about getting to the plugs. And both front plugs I can't even get a socket onto them. If I make a custom tool should be able too though.
Post up a pic of some pics of the plugs when you get them out.