Car won't start

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Car won't start

Post by vlad01 »

X rays can def mess with electronics as its ionizing. I get a belt from my laptop every time it goes though the x ray at the airport, becomes highly statically charged.

x rays will erase normal eproms as well as OTP ones with long enough exposure.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
nutbag355
cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

delcowizzid wrote:Good shit now the fun begins. Wonder why it didn't work to start with antus would of tested it before posting. but all's well she's up and running the forums active and a few smart guys on here most hours of the day to help with issues

Spoke to antus about it and there was a mixup with the order. Had a 12p bin loaded on it but thanks to your help, problem sorted. Just finish having a play on the dyno. All seems well at this stage, back at it in the morning to turn up the wick. 355 factory stroker fitted with a 2400 yellatera blower. Should make some noise :thumbup:
nutbag355
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

Fairly happy with the result, could get more out of it if the inlet temps weren't hoveing around 80degs lol stoked to go from not even being able to start it last night to a full tune today.
Attachments
IMG_3963.JPG
IMG_3959.JPG
nutbag355
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

Helps to post the right picture
Attachments
IMG_3966.JPG
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

nice! the whipple chargers always look nice.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
nutbag355
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

Sounds nice too, needs copper head gaskets, head studs and a tank of e85. Be a different kinda animal then.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Sweet
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Good work :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
nutbag355
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

Although I lost a few hours on Saturday sorting out the issues (siting beside the dyno on a milk create until 10pm staring at my laptop considering the hammer option) and I got a fairly frustrated lol, it was a bit of a blessing in disguise, through the mixup I learnt a great deal that I would have had to experience at some point. So thanks again to you delcowzzid for keeping available through the process. I've now got a pretty good understanding of it all :thumbup:
nutbag355
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

So I've been thinking I can get a bit more out of this tune but I'm curious what the limitations are of the engine, what would be more Likely to happen first: knock or head gasket letting go? My fueling is bang on what I want it to be at 12.5 but I'm hesitant to put any more then 15 degrees of timing at 170kpa (max manifold pressure) any suggestions?