2 BAR VS ECOTEC?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag

2 BAR VS ECOTEC?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey All again,

Just wondering seeing as I haven't heard any news about changing a VS ecotec to VT ecotec pcm, has anyone been able to create a map tune into a VS Ectoec, in particular 2 or could even dream of 3 bar!

I have asked the same sort of question about a VT, I guess VS is similar & could be same deal!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Re: 2 BAR VS ECOTEC?

Post by vn5000 »

I have a wiring diagram of the two ecu pinouts and they are very close .With a few very minor wiring mods they look like they could be a direct swap. Main diff is vt uses serial data to control dash , eg pin f5 is for check engine light on vs but on vt it is connected to starter relay , e12 is used for oil press input on vt but not used on vs ,e11 is for ventilation system on vs and not used on vt,egr pins used for vt are not used on vs ,all trans control pins seem to be same except vt s/c uses pin e1 for anti boost solonoid and vs uses e1 for a/t tcc pwm ,both use f6 for fan control ,on vt bcm controls l/speed fan.
With a few minor wiring mods cant see why you couldnt run vt n/a and s/c pcms in vs.
From memory Holden 202 was playing with the vs and map sensors. :study:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i have plenty of logs of a standard vs tune with map sensor input connected to it .... main reason i created these is so you can use the histograms to make spark maps etc for an ecotec .... but thats about it .....

i have also run the ecotec on the 808 a while back and while it did work fine it wasn't the best as at that time i was running it off the vr v6 tune adjusted to suit, but timing was way out (VR has too much for the ecotec).

thats pretty much all i've done though. I have heard kalmaker has a tune for VS that has map sensor in it but i haven't seen it or been able to find any info on the net about it so i pretty much gave up, plus i'd need to buy kalmaker to tune it so i wasn't real keen on that option.

if you don't use the electronic auto you can run the ecotec on the 808 with a few minor mods to wiring and sensors but if you want to go down that road its probably easiest to get a VR tranny and use the $11P code at some stage down the track when its ready.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

have a look at this, it may help...
Attachments
VS Mafless.zip
(241.59 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks guys,

Yeah I'm trying to avoid using kalmaker with the hefty price of $1430 with realtime ecu & then $300 odd to license a vehicle!

It means I would have to do 2 tune's just to pay for the software & then may not ever get another job in! but yeah they have W45(2 bar) & W46(3bar).

Cheers again VX L67 Getrag
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

i hate posting this sort of thing normally as i know within a couple of days some fuckhead "tuner" will be selling them on feebay.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

You Da Man Doc!

By Chance do you know what def the bin is? or is it a custom op sys?

Cheers Heaps VX L67 Getrag :punk:
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I was surprised you posted it thought you may have PM'd it or similar but cheers!
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Definitely a different code than normal $51, either NA or SC.
Had a look with a hex editor and the file is a 2x128k stacked bin.
Both 0000-1FFFF and 20000-3FFFF are identical.

Split it and did some compares with other $51's and it came up with 100,000+ differences for all the ones I checked.
Looks like some form of custom code, but couldn't see anything with the Hex Editor as to where it may have come from.

yoda69
Apples

Post by Apples »

Yeah I was surprised too.
Thanks Doc,
now got something to play with.
Doc any chance of PM me a XDF for it if there is one.
Thanks again
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.