cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Re: On my Bench

Post by VNracer34G »

Getting there,
update1post.jpg
update1post.jpg (113.11 KiB) Viewed 4944 times
update3post.jpg
update3post.jpg (83.1 KiB) Viewed 4944 times
the lines in the runners are for measuring the csa - mind numbingly tedious and time consuming - the price i play for being a fussy prick, almost ready for a set of valves to finalise the seats

time :arrow:
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

omg looking good i hope thats not the bill calculations on paper
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol start selling your body delco :P
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

they look so good i will have a hard time bolting them onto an engine :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

1hr21mins haha

delcowizzid wrote:omg looking good i hope thats not the bill calculations on paper
nah mate havent got a peice of paper big enough :lol: :lol:

can you get your hands on header flanges? might drag my pipe bender out and see how it treats steam pipe - should be sweet, be nice to sort a good package - it'll mean putting you to work inn my shed though
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i have access to a guy with a mandrel bender that can bend steampipe :mrgreen: im hoping to do a test primary pipe soon and see how she bends worst thing is you are putting stress into the pipe that will do horrible things when you get the pipes reder than red hot see through looking steel colour LOL. ive been building this for my mates turbo VR as a bit of testing befor phase 2 manifold
IMGP5501.jpg
IMGP5501.jpg (71.05 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
IMGP5497.jpg
IMGP5497.jpg (50.17 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
IMGP5463.jpg
IMGP5463.jpg (160.01 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
IMGP5462.jpg
IMGP5462.jpg (126.26 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
IMGP5458.jpg
IMGP5458.jpg (113.31 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
ill send mine cut open so you can port all the way down :shock:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

and ive come to the conclusion i need a seperate drag car so have pretty much bought a starlet to drop my spare v6 into with a transbraked T350 behind it and bolt these heads on and a new set of manifolds and my old turbo :mrgreen:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

someone likes green hose :P

manifold should work alright, what size is the throttle body?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha yeah he bought the hose just to piss people off we can get some big silicon pipe joiners that colour too LOL. its a cheapo $140 90mm TB and takes a 300zx TPS
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

HIJACKED THREAD :rant: :lol: :lol:

I like the idea of increased plenum volume - i recall some mention of a "coffee can" some months ago mate. How thick is the alloy piping you are using there? Gobfulls of boost coupled with the pulsations of intake opening/closing can wreak havoc in a rather violent way - i hope the seam on the pipe was where you cut it out.

re. starlet. Short wheelbase/narrow track/bulk HP down the strip = FAIL (need ambulance/coffin icon) seen a few cars come a cropper at Meremere, IMO stick to a stripped out dunnydore FWIW.

Mandrel bent steampipe should hold up if you normalise it after heating it evenly with a gas torch.

No need to port 'all the way up' the runners on one of these manifolds due to the way they taper out from the head - that would kill too much airspeed even with a turbo, with these heads i'm doing i have kept in mind keeping it {barely depending on size/volume of nutsacks} streetable.