Delco probie

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Mamba
cars: 1995 Holden Commodore VS Wagon
2006 Holden Berlina VZ Wagon

Re: Delco probie

Post by Mamba »

Thanks heaps Dec_head.....all I know is the car requires a BTXP which contains fixes for cold start hesitation and pinging (something else was included I think but can not remember off hand what it was).....this is where my ignorance of the system comes in as I don't know what other memcal can be used in its place and do the same thing??....any advice here greatly appreciated :D
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i've had a few different tunes in my VS and they all seemed to work fine.

currently im using ckul which is the one that been modified for realtime updates.... that might be one you should go with.

oh and as far as getting holden to do it ... that is a ripoff!

i dunno if dec_head can erase and re-burn them but if he can get him to put something like what i said above on and send it to you .... im sure he can do it for alot cheaper than $204+ .....

if he can't buy the memcal off him and send it to me and i'd be happy to do the erase/burn for ya!
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

I notice the bwpj says the same then their was a 93klm tcc lockup change as well I can reload it with whatever you prefer i have an eraser and programmer etc.
Then at least you'll have your old one to mess around with if you ever decide to play.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i use BWPJ as my base most often its a pretty good base tune to tune on
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Mamba

Post by Mamba »

Sounds good to me....whatever you suggest....I don't have an eraser or programmer, so any assistance greatfully accepted.....please feel free to pm or email me (shaynev@virginbroadband.com.au) with details etc....thanks heaps guys :thumbup:

PS just curious...what is "93 km/h TCC Lock"???
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

TCC = torque converter clutch
ECU signals the TCC to lock up @ 93kph....which you can change to suit your car/driving.
Mamba

Post by Mamba »

Thanks monaro308 :D .....had seen the update several times but never really paid a great deal of attention to it.....didn't think it affected me...until now!!
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

I loaded holden 202's vs tune on to another memcal and chucked it in for you to try.
It did say 98 transmission on the base tune i believe he used so not sure if it is any good to you.
Maybe someone here can tell.
The1

Post by The1 »

Dec_head wrote:I loaded holden 202's vs tune on to another memcal and chucked it in for you to try.
It did say 98 transmission on the base tune i believe he used so not sure if it is any good to you.
Maybe someone here can tell.
The 98 Transmission is the CKUL tune most likely, it seems it's the same as BWPJ but with lower trans temps for hot cut in and some shift points smoothed out. This is just the comparo in Tunerpro. The high/low octane tables seem to be relaxed on the CKUL. I just ended up copying over the tables from BPYR into CKUL so you have the best of both worlds and still retain a stock memcal.
Last edited by The1 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamba

Post by Mamba »

All sounds great...thanks guys!!...I'm sure it will be fine...once again,thankyou!!!...truly appreciate all your help :thumbup: ....