1980 Alfa GTV fuel injection conversion - beginner questions

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems

Re: 1980 Alfa GTV fuel injection conversion - beginner quest

Postby Lindsay.Palmer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Lindsay.Palmer wrote:
Charlescrown wrote:Make sure you get the carbie Magna distributor. One from a Sigma is still a good choice and might be cheaper. You need one with an inductive pickup. I have a few lying around here if you are in Sydney. If you have the advance curve figures from your old dissy itt'l be a big help in programming the timing map.

Charlescrown thanks for your help.

How many wires come out of the Magna distributors you recommend?

The one in the car now is a early Magna distributor with only two wires coming out of it.

How do you connect this to the pulsar wiring loom that has 6 wires on the diagram?

Do you not use some wires on the pulsar wiring loom or do you combine some wires?

Sorry to be a pain, but I want to understand.

I have an ignition map somewhere so that’s easy.

How do you connect the ecu to your computer for tuning? Do you have to modify the ecu to include another connection or use the diagnostic plug?

Postby Charlescrown » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:30 pm

The pickup coil is connected to the Camira module as shown. It just uses the low level ac signal to do the switching. You can also use a Bosch HE coil and module.
The polarity of the 2 wires is important and you will find out quickly if you have it wired incorrect as the engine will run like the proverbial bag.
Either the Sigma/Magna 2 wire or a later HIE will do the job.
Attachments
CCF09072018_0001.pdf
(659.48 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Postby Lindsay.Palmer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Charlescrown wrote:The pickup coil is connected to the Camira module as shown. It just uses the low level ac signal to do the switching. You can also use a Bosch HE coil and module.
The polarity of the 2 wires is important and you will find out quickly if you have it wired incorrect as the engine will run like the proverbial bag.
Either the Sigma/Magna 2 wire or a later HIE will do the job.

Excellent, thanks for your help. I think I understand now.

Previous

Return to Delco ECU Conversions