VZ engine swap not running

For non EFI mechanical discussion

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Postby Madmatt2006 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi Guy's :thumbup:

a quick update, I managed to get the chains swapped and all went well, I've got the loom halfway in didn't have enough time this weekend, so will finish off this weekend and post results :)

Postby Madmatt2006 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi Guy's :D

Guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got some spare time this arvo and she runs :thumbup: Thanks for all the advice guy's! :driving: :driving: :driving: :lol: runs perfectly now, first start every time :thumbup:

I really appreciate all the help, without you guys I don't think I would have got it running!

I'm so glad I drank a beer for every one that posted !!! :mrgreen:

Postby oldn64 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:35 pm

Madmatt2006 wrote:I'm so glad I drank a beer for every one that posted !!! :mrgreen:

But I dont drink beer... yuk why kill your taste buds like that.

Glad it has come about though :D

cheers
oldn64

Postby Madmatt2006 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 pm

oldn64 wrote:
Madmatt2006 wrote:I'm so glad I drank a beer for every one that posted !!! :mrgreen:

But I dont drink beer... yuk why kill your taste buds like that.

After as many as I have had over my life, it tastes exactly like water now! my taste buds must be dead :lol:

Site Admin

Postby antus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Good result! It sure took some messing around but you know about VZ cam phasers now than you probably want to, and more than the people who looked at it before you!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Postby Madmatt2006 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:53 pm

antus wrote:Good result! It sure took some messing around but you know about VZ cam phasers now than you probably want to, and more than the people who looked at it before you!

Great result! I have a bad habit of buying cars that do not run :hmm: , so I can workout how to fix them and learn at the same time. I know all about cam sensors and phasers and chain setup in these now. I'm so glad I found this great forum with top people willing to me help out :thumbup:

I think this thread will help a lot of people :D

Previous

Return to Engine/Transmision Mechanical