PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Programs / Tools / Scripts

PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby NSFW » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:06 pm

As you might have seen in a couple other threads, a few of us have been working on an open source tool to read (and eventually write) GM 411 PCMs.

If anyone out already has an AllPro interface (USB version) or an ObdLink Scantool SX, and a '411 PCM, and wants to try to read the .bin file from your PCM, send me a PM. I'd like to get confirmation from a few people that this stuff really works before I post the link.

Thanks!

Re: PCM Hammer

Postby VX L67 Getrag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:41 pm

I think from what I've seen it works with AVT & possibly even tactrix, which I have both & have LS1 bench cables & 512 & 1Mb controllers around!

Postby delcowizzid » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:34 pm

I have avt and tactrix too and access to a vy or vz ls1
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem

Postby NSFW » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Tactrix doesn't support the VPW flavor of OBD2 - I asked them directly and they said no.

But, I should have mentioned that AVT interfaces should work. I'll send you both PMs.

Postby Jayme » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm

ill test it if you need, ive still got an AVT and an old bench ls1 pcm I used to test some of Ant's stuff on, and a VY ls1 commodore.

Postby NSFW » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:03 pm

The first people people who tried this were able to read their .bin files, and nothing caught fire or melted, so let's make this official...

Download the ZIP file here: https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... /PcmHammer

Unzip the contents into an empty directory, run PcmHammer.exe, select your device type, and have fun.

I'd love to hear what works and what doesn't. So far, results have been positive, except for one user who ran into this error message when trying to read:

Code: Select all
[10:32:32:145] Permission to upload kernel was denied.

I've seen that in my car once in a while and I don't recall what made it go away, but I think the solution might just have been turning off the car for a few seconds and then starting over.

Postby Chuff » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:57 am

Great work.

I've got a USB AllPro adapter. What firmware do I need to install onto it in order to use PCMHammer?

Thanks.

Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs

Site Admin

Postby antus » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:12 pm

I believe it was around or exactly 1.21. Newer official firmware is also fine. It looks like we cant update the bluetooth version as the bootloader pins are not accessible. This tool is a joint development effort between a number of members. It contains and has open sourced a large amount of code from my ls1flash, and has been re-architected by NSFW to resolve the issues that were holding ls1flash back. Future development work, including write (eventually) will come to this tool.

The tool is open source and interested people are welcome to fork the code on github, develop it further and send us a pull request. We would also welcome development of any XDFs for '0411 operating systems, and any adx files which can log on the supported hardware. J2534 might be out of range for tunerpro at this stage but an elm command set ADX should work on allpro and scantool products (and elms, but since they wont read or write bins, lets not talk about them here).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby Tre-Cool » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:37 am

i've got one of the china vxdiag tools, so i'll give it a spin on that.

i've custom unlimited licenses for efilive & hpt, so can write whatever i need anyway.

Return to Tools