VX Diag Nano

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm
Location: Brisbane

VX Diag Nano

Postby megajuz3003 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm

I’m hoping someone here can help me out... I just picked up a VX Diag Nano GM cable. Because the supported protocols listed both J1850VPW and GM-UART, plus it is meant to work with tech2win.

Playing around with it today. It has no issues talking to my LS1 ecu but refuses to talk to anything else... am I just kidding myself expecting it work with the cluster etc or should it actually work?

Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: VX Diag Nano

Postby megajuz3003 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:08 pm

I just broke down and popped the cover off it... there is no circuitry to pin 9 on the obd2 plug so if it supports GM-UART its not on the pin I need it on :(

User avatar
Posts: 1794
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: VX Diag Nano

Postby Tazzi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 pm

megajuz3003 wrote:I just broke down and popped the cover off it... there is no circuitry to pin 9 on the obd2 plug so if it supports GM-UART its not on the pin I need it on :(

It doesnt support GM-UART. Unfortunately they have stated it does, but after speaking to the developers, they never had a vehicle which used the protocol and thus never added in any support.

Typical China selling tactics... say it supports everything.. worry about the repercussions later.

Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: VX Diag Nano

Postby megajuz3003 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Tazzi wrote:
megajuz3003 wrote:I just broke down and popped the cover off it... there is no circuitry to pin 9 on the obd2 plug so if it supports GM-UART its not on the pin I need it on :(

It doesnt support GM-UART. Unfortunately they have stated it does, but after speaking to the developers, they never had a vehicle which used the protocol and thus never added in any support.

Typical China selling tactics... say it supports everything.. worry about the repercussions later.



Thanks Tazzi I’ll start hitting them up to refund it because it’s listed to support protocols that it doesn’t.

Any recommendations for a cable that supports tech2win

User avatar
Posts: 1794
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: VX Diag Nano

Postby Tazzi » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:08 pm

megajuz3003 wrote:Thanks Tazzi I’ll start hitting them up to refund it because it’s listed to support protocols that it doesn’t.

Any recommendations for a cable that supports tech2win


Yeah I was pretty upset about it as well. They said they could add it in if I shipped over a car which had the protocol :shock: :lol:

I offered to send an entire bench setup with multiple modules and gear, although they then spoke about development cost so I dropped the idea.

As for recommendations, either a drewtech mongoose GM pro (Which will do everything, comes with warranty and will always be supported updated), or a GM MDI (clones are slowly being banned/blacklisted).

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 5348
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: VX Diag Nano

Postby antus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:50 pm

The drewtech mongoose pro gm2 doesnt support uart either, despite the price. The gm mdi clones are the best bang for buck but with potential quality and blacklist issues.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Return to Tools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests