The VN Great Escape

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: The VN Great Escape

Post by delcowizzid »

dont use simulated narrowband it never works right use a real narrowband sensor its probably most of your problems.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

Unpluged the NB simulation things do seem to be making more sense now. Still got a slight knock retart 2-3 degrees but I'll get the VE table right first then investigate Timing next
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

We need of a another person for the team anyone Interested?
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Well just a quick update:

Still looking for another person if anyone is interested.
Knock seem to have been partly my fault :oops: Looks like I have place an older version of BLCD before i had done all the fixes to run like the factory.
Anyway changed the program back and only had 1 knock at 2 degree retard instead of the usual 8 at up to 9 degree retard. So back to the drawing board.

Fuel comsumption still seems to be high. Not sure if the TCC is working or not I can see the bit active bit I notice on the weekend someone has hacked into the loom. Is there a way of telling via the logs?

CB Fitted and working.
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Well the Time has come the The Great escape starts on Monday (12/9/2011) car is as ready as it is going to be. Time to start packing the spares, tools and sleeping gear ready for the trek.
Thanks to all those that have help with advise.

There will be regular update for the event on the web site for those interested
http://www.thegreatescape.org.au/on-road/2011-2

Cheers Jason

PS car photo to be posted tomorrow
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Good luck! Will keep an eye on it and see how you go.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah mate good luck, hope she goes well for ya and above all have fun doing it :punk:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

good luck mate
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Sorry for the felay here is the car packed and ready to head off tomorrow.

Cheers
Attachments
10092011102 (Small).jpg
10092011102 (Small).jpg (76.05 KiB) Viewed 5809 times
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok an update from the rally as far as my car went for general details that previous link cover most.

Well the car got some criticisms early as not high enough ground clearance (which after completeing have to agree with) and being a Holden V6 EFI I'm going to have issues with breaking down and parts.

I'm glad to say I earnt alot of respect by the end of the trip, One of 5 cars to get through a creek crossing and pulled through some soft sandy areas. The only issue I had was a leaking O-Ring on the pressure side of fuel rail which I had fixed in no time (luckly a holden parts next to the starting line on day 3) and breaking the roof racks on day 2 just due to the rought roads.

So the car made the 4500km trip to port douglas and the trip home (just) As i left Brisbane it develped a slight miss while crusing. By Grafton the miss then caused the engine light to come on briefly. Still haven't looked at the code but gut feeling is blocked fuel filter cause issues on lean cruise. Other cars were having issues with dirt blocking jets and idle circuit.

Would I recommed the The Great Escape, Absolutely Had the best 10 day everyone was friendly had a good laugh.

To refine the car more I'd be after more ground clearance alot of R&D required for as Longer struts would be required Strut bar and strenghting and Stronger roof racks. Fuel tank and a Gearbox guard.

Jason