The VN Great Escape

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: The VN Great Escape

Post by Holden202T »

good to see you had a good time and most of all the general didn't let you down!
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

Holden202 wrote:good to see you had a good time and most of all the general didn't let you down!
X2.

Rather than forking out for new raised springs you might be able to scrounge up a set of 'Country Pack Suspension' production option V5W springs and sway bars. Tag on front springs XL ( V6 & V8 sedan & wagon) I.D code on front sway bar CC ~22mm diameter (V6 sedan std. 26mm, FE2 25mm) Tag on rear springs VL (sedan) I.D code on rear sway bar AE (16mm ) V5W wagon was even lighter (I.D code AB 14mm). Interestingly the rear lower control arms were 3.5mm shorter on V5W spec cars and wagons too stamped 53 top view ahead of the spring seat, they used different bump stops and heavier duty shocks with more extension too but i doubt any of the shocks would be worth looking at today, MONROE should be able to sort that out for you. I can't scan all the info but somebody on here might have VN Series Service Manual Volume 2 (considering how many factory wiring diagrams find there way on this site). If not and you need more specific details let me know mate.

Now you've shown you can do it you can concentrate on being more competitive next year :thumbup:

Check out squaredarches.com and do a feature of your car on the forum there. VN/VP specific without the dickhead factor of some bigger forums.
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

Well that is interesting as I thought I already had a setup simular to the country pack. Rear springs are of unknown origin but are much heavier duty and higher then standard could be wagons, the front springs are V8 springs which is as pedders list a the rasied front spring for a v6. Trailing arms are just standard and sway bars are very beefy looking havn't measured. Don't get me wrong the car handles the roads very well just the real rough stuff I was worried about fuel tank and gearbox. Well the Hole in the exhaust show just how big some off the stone/rock were not to mention the extra dents in the fuel tank.

The Ford XD/XE had about an extra inch clearance on my car using 4wd strut and spring and Tyre on 16 inch rims. Definatly can't fitt bigger tyres and rim until i change the struts as only just clear the retainer now.

As for improving position it is alot of guess work and luck as it works on average time of a ramdomly selected 10 cars.
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

Just check the fault codes
12 (everything OK)
22 (TPS Low count)

So this is interesting as I was thinking fuel issue but maybe the TPS is faulty. And as the issue is intermittent at best will make it even more fun to find.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Well done on completing it mate, has been a good read following the build up and prep :thumbup: