USB BDM NT

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by MudDuck514 »

Dang, them "Dupont" wires aren't very big, but they look freaking HUGE on those terminals!

Mike
darkman5001
cars: 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS

Post by darkman5001 »

Great job Antus.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Previously posted P08 BDM connections are incorrect, here is a verified correct one, on the backside of the board so you only have to pull the cover!
P08_BDM.jpg
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Antus,

You still have the image of the Vpp hookup for the P08, for some reason I'm not getting Vpp enabled on my hookups and it's failing to write.

Thought maybe it was my pin out, so I went to yours, still the same issue.

Want to try it with a manual Vpp hookup.

-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You have to pull the pcm out of the case and install the two bridges on the other side for those pins to work. Once that's in place, you are OK from the back. If you use the T08.xml I provided VPP should work. If it doesn't for some reason then connect VPP to the VPP pin of the intel flash chip, or the nearest via to that pin. It is recommended to use a 100 ohm resistor in line with your 12v for safety when doing this, but you can go direct if your voltage is low enough to not damage the chip (I have used 12.5v direct with success but I was not prepared to risk my hardware and test with higher voltages).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I know how to follow instructions, Vpp from the xml is not working ... I was hoping you would be helpful and post or pm me the Vpp location so I didn't have to find it considering you already did ... Guess I was wrong!

-Enjoy

antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

No I didn't need it and I didn't record it. I've just entered my day job lunch break so I will make one up for you.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Here it is. This is service number 09356249. Is yours a different service number?

I see you have connected to the chip side of the bridge vias. I wonder if bridging those pads for BDM is what enables the 12v VPP circuit BDM control somehow. I did not test without those pads bridged, I just did it and have left it connected. It seems unlikely, but I'd expect you to get the same results.
Attachments
intel vpp - pin 1.png
intel vpp - pin 1.png (136.81 KiB) Viewed 634 times
p08 intel vpp top.jpg
p08 intel vpp bottom.jpg
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank you, Yes and No on the service number, I do have a pile of them ...

You said you already did it or I wouldn't have asked!

-Enjoy