does anybody know how to read a crow cams memcal

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

does anybody know how to read a crow cams memcal

Post by jca »

does anybody know how to read a crow cams memcal it looks a lot like a kalmaker memcal board has a 28 pin eeprom on it , its for a vr v8 auto with a cam the customer is transfering the engine in to a vk so need 2 turn off the vats.
Holden202T

Re: does anybody know how to read a crow cams memcal

Post by Holden202T »

all i can suggest is you can post up the tune and someone might be able to work it out for you.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Why dont you try using vl400s flash tool . Would be good if you could post the bin if you get it.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

ive been able to get the fuel and spark tables out of a crow cams bin before for a guy who had a VR crow cam and memcal kit with VATS going into a VN. I read it straight up the aldl cable from VL400's Flash tool. then instead of turning off vats, I found the fuel and spark tables and copied them into $12P and left vats off.
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Hi, yep read it no probs just like a normal 512k chip turned off the vats and burnt it on 2 another memcal vehicle ran and was in limp home mode, struck in 3rd gear etc so i just cut and paste all the alter tables in to a vr hsv 185 bin and turned vats off all good, i think there must be something in the crow cams format that stops u from copying it on 2 another chip , i will post up the bin file u guys 2 see as it worked real well on the dyno 180rwkw. regards jason
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Checksum ;) Some crow cams and aftermarket chips stop you using the old AA trick.