Wiring diagrams and questions
Mikestech0
cars: UC torana
VX commodore

BCM VR VS in an old car

Post by Mikestech0 »

Hi guys
Im currently bench testing the above BCMs
I can get them to unlock and lock with the fob key but the problem im having is once unlocked 30 seconds later they self lock again. I do have and input wiring diagram which is kinda useful but im really after is a complete wiring diagram to work out what inputs are required weather earth or +12v to stop the unit rearming
Any help would be greatly appreciated
TIA
picvrss
cars: Commodore VR Series II SS
Commodore VF Series II SSV Redline

Re: BCM VR VS in an old car

Post by picvrss »

I can copy and post the page in the VR factory manual that has the door lock wiring and BCM interface for the central locking.

I'm at work at the moment, so I'll post later.

PICVRSS
Mikestech0
cars: UC torana
VX commodore

Post by Mikestech0 »

Thank mate that would be awsome :)
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I wonder if it's the level of the BCM that's set to auto lock. My Vr doesn't do it but 30 seconds doesn't sound like the factory time.
picvrss
cars: Commodore VR Series II SS
Commodore VF Series II SSV Redline

Post by picvrss »

There are at least two, 30-second timing periods involved with the VR BCM/Theft Deterrent System: one to passively arm after the ignition is switched off; the other, to switch off the dome lamp when all doors are closed.
Presumably, your test-bench setup has a minimum of connections, possibly only the constant battery feed to the module. If so, then the BCM in this situation will consider the ignition off and all the doors closed. In this state, it will lock the doors in response to a press of the key fob. However, when unlocking via the key fob, it will then passively arm and also turn off its internal dome lamp relay 30-seconds later, at which point if you were to press the key fob again, it will lock the doors again.

What I'm suggesting here is that, if you're assessing the unlocking/locking function by listening to relay clicks from within the BCM, then you're most likely hearing the dome lamp relay.

You may have an entirely different bench setup, though, in which case the above could be invalid.
Anyway, here is the VR door lock/BCM wiring diagram - hope it helps.
Attachments
IMG_2892.JPG
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

picvrss wrote:There are at least two, 30-second timing periods involved with the VR BCM/Theft Deterrent System: one to passively arm after the ignition is switched off; the other, to switch off the dome lamp when all doors are closed.
Presumably, your test-bench setup has a minimum of connections, possibly only the constant battery feed to the module. If so, then the BCM in this situation will consider the ignition off and all the doors closed. In this state, it will lock the doors in response to a press of the key fob. However, when unlocking via the key fob, it will then passively arm and also turn off its internal dome lamp relay 30-seconds later, at which point if you were to press the key fob again, it will lock the doors again.

What I'm suggesting here is that, if you're assessing the unlocking/locking function by listening to relay clicks from within the BCM, then you're most likely hearing the dome lamp relay.

You may have an entirely different bench setup, though, in which case the above could be invalid.
Anyway, here is the VR door lock/BCM wiring diagram - hope it helps.
There's also a timer to turn off your lights in case you've forgotten, but I think that's longer than 30s.

Also bear in mind that the key fob has separate lock and unlock buttons.

Joe.