Help tuning N13 Pulsar

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Youraagh
cars: N13 Pulsar

Help tuning N13 Pulsar

Post by Youraagh »

Just want to say thanks for having such a useful site and to apologize for being a noob...

I've just started playing with the tune in my N13 Pulsar. I have built my own flash replacement prom and have loaded it with the $5D Camira bin, using the appropriate offset. I have played with the Open Loop AFR table, but the values I have entered seemed to be ignored... My EGO sensor always reads close to Stoic, even at WOT. Is the because of BLM correction? The ECU follows the Cold AFR table, 13.5@WOT, until the temp reaches 44 deg. after that the EGO values are always close to 14.7. Is it always running in closed loop?
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Re: Help tuning N13 Pulsar

Post by vn5000 »

Is your 02 sensor working properly.
Youraagh

Post by Youraagh »

As far as I know yes, I don't have wideband results to gauge it's accuracy.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Well if its working properly you should see its voltage fluctuate between .2 and .8 volts at least once a sec when in closed loop if everything is working as it should.
Youraagh

Post by Youraagh »

I will have to check that.

Even if the EGO sensor is stuffed, once I reach WOT shouldn't it ignore the EGO and follow the Open Loop AFR table?

I'm not getting any CEL's
Last edited by Youraagh on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

It may need the temp correction tables setup to suit, the VE table may need adjusting, your flying in the dark until you can get some data logs.

I would suggest running this code and starting with a 4cyl cal from here. Get an ALDL interface from here and start some logging :thumbup:

It will tell you if its in closed loop and what the target AFR is, WOT should be richer than stoich but there is an option to always target stoich. The BLMs are ignored at WOT.
Youraagh

Post by Youraagh »

Thanks heaps guys,
Feel bummed that I paid for Tuner CATS now!

I will do some data logging on the current setup. I have a Jaycar kit displaying the stock EGO sensor reading, but I'm just guessing which table the ECU is reading...

If that doesn't help, I'll rewire for the $12P, which is much smarter than the $5D anyway...