Data logger for P01 and P59

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Highlander
cars: Z06

Re: Data logger for P01 and P59

Post by Highlander »

jlvaldez wrote:aaronc7, I saw you post on the race chrono forums about supportin VPW stuff for C5s. I made the post about gettign the brake pressure working. I should add the PIDs i've got for steering angle sensor and brake pressure.
EQ Ratio is $0044.

Eq ratio = X/32768
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

None of this actually works yet, but you can see where it's going...
ParameterList.png
ParameterList.png (106.94 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

Pumped for this! It might give me the motivation to do more work!
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

bubba2533 wrote:Pumped for this! It might give me the motivation to do more work!
It's ready for testing: viewtopic.php?uid=5483&f=42&t=7053&start=0
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

It's in the Windows Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/pcm-l ... verviewtab

There's at least one big bug: If I try to log just 2-3 parameters, it logs them every 3 seconds or so. After I get a few parameters it logs them at 100ms intervals. This is using an AllPro or an ObdLink SX. I think the PCM might respond before the interface is ready to read the response, but I am not sure of that.

Oddly enough, the SX seems to be slightly faster than the AllPro for data logging.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

NSFW,

You have an LX and SX ??
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I have both, yes. I switched computers and don't have the LX working yet (or anything bluetooth) but if you want me to try something I am sure I can get it going again.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

No sir, thank you, I didn't know you had the SX, it's nice to know who has what tools and test with that's all.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
jlvaldez
cars: '01 - Corvette Z06
'20 - Sierra Denali
'03 - Volvo S80 T6
'16 - Accord V6

Post by jlvaldez »

Looking good!

I like what I see. I have been using HPTuners for datalogging since it's what I tune with normally, but this will likely start changing it. Using MLV allows me to do some neat stuff for auto populating tables