antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Mag's OSE 12P Thread

Post by antus »

Before reporting to TP its worth removing oseplugin (if your using it), and try to log natively in TP (make sure the echo setting in the adx are correct - they dont have to be when using the plug, as its settings override the ADX). Then if you can still reproduce the crash it report it TP. If it works ok without the plugin, then its more likely a problem with plugin. As far as I know though, the plugin is ok.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
mag
cars: VN Commodore

Post by mag »

Re-installed 61xx version with plugin & no problem with save, although I find that if I do not reload the adx file before recording the system can crash. This I can live with & has always been present I think, even without the plugin installed.
mag

Post by mag »

Further question on TP5 RT crash on save problem. I have assumed that the 12P v110 xdf & adx files that I have used successfully with earlier versions of TP5 are compatible with the latest vserion of TP5 RT.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I was using TP 5.00.7532 with oseplugin v1.2 last night with no issues at all. No crashes. Could start/stop/save the logs in any order... no problems at all. I suggest get on the latest. Yes XDF and ADX from OSE12P V1.1.0 are all working also.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
mag

Post by mag »

Thanks antus did not realise there had been another version released, will give it a try.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

also try the latest version of the plugin
mag

Post by mag »

Have run latest version of TP5 & plug-in v121 & so far so good.

Now have a couple of 40 minute logs of APNX & still get knock retard on some auto up changes but, more interesting, when cruising at 110 kph on light throttle. Have recently read where the last combination of factors is very unlikely to cause knocking & therefore most likely these are false. Do knock sensors become sensitive with age. Running E10 but octane rating should still high enough for 8.5 cr. Have instance where momentary closed throttle caused knock retard & yet immediately following WOT had no affect.

To enable knock logging: I set Map A flag, what should the knock logging parameters be (min temp presently 80 deg) & what is burst knock?

Now back to fuel consumption, have not completed a tank test but noticed that the "amount of fuel for 1/256...." conversion formulas & parameter values for ATFY (my original) & APNX bins are different. Also noticed that ATFY does not have "fuel rate used" so assume not required by vn trip computer. Injector flow rates are the same for both. How do I equate the two "amount of fuel for 1/256...."
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

For knock logging setup the min and max temps to your normal operating temps, set the option flag and your good to go. Burst knock is not active unless you have enabled it so dont need to worry about it, but its for removing some spark advance as you apply throttle to stop knocking.

E10 wont be helping your economy, but compare what the bowser says to your trip meter. The fuel rate used (L/Hr) is for the on screen L/100 while logging and does not change the trip computer. See here for what the amount of fuel for 1/256 duration is .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 33&p=11438 . From that thread .. "The PCM accumulates the inj PW and outputs them in a PWM signal according to the calibration figure that specifies the amount of fuel per bit. In a VR V6 its 1.53mS per bit." So for every 1.53mS of injector pulsewidth the ECU adds one to the PWM signal - which happens to have 256 bits of resolution, which is the 1/256 part of the name.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah the problem with apnx is that being series 1, is has the most timing out of all of the v6 tunes. I would imagine you have a series 2 engine in which case you would need to put a spark map (and VE map) out of a VP tune into it, it will help heaps and will still not have the off idle stumble the BLCD cal has on the VN/VP
mag

Post by mag »

Engine is series 1.5, original ATFY ignition table has more aggressive mid range timing with some minor differences in ve table. Will use ATFY as a starting point to modify APNX, which is what I did with BLCD although it never worked well.

Now to make myself look foolish, so for my original ATFY cal, 1.69ms of each injector pulse width will add 1 bit to the PWM signal to the trip computer. I am correct then to believe then that a larger "comsumption value" will be passed to the trip computer because the APNX value of 1.53ms will result in more bits per injector pulse width, assuming that the 5D & 12P coding is the same. Is the 5D & 12P coding the same?