Mag's OSE 12P Thread

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
mag
cars: VN Commodore

Re: Mag's OSE 12P Thread

Post by mag »

Require assistance with my copy of the $12P BLM Converter program. My version does not support the 65, 75, 85 & 95 kPa MAP values in the VE table. Is there such a version of the converter.
mag

Post by mag »

Been a while, preoccupied with other matters but am now in a position to play some more.

Still have the knock retard issue but am leaning toward piston slap as the problem. Deceleration and light load are supposed to be the times that piston slap is greatest and this definition coincides with the conditions under which I see knock retard.

Also, recent experience has suggested that low fuel pump pressure can have a significant effect on engine tune. This may not be news to some, particularly those running boosted engines, but I would not have thought NA types would be so greatly affected. My previously reported sudden increase in fuel consumption, for no obvious reason, appears to have been related to low pressure from failing pump. New pump, fuel consumption has returned to figures of old.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

good way to see this is in the injector flow with different pressures just 5 psi drop can have a significant effect on fuel delivery out of the injectors!
mag

Post by mag »

With my on going investigation into knock retard on light throttle and auto up shift, am I correct in assuming that if I put large count values into the "ignore knock count vs rpm" table that I can stop knock retard from functioning. Otherwise I will remove the knock sensor from the engine block but retain its electrical function to keep the ecu happy.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you'd be better off disabling the knock sensor in the tune and leaving the hardware in the car!
mag

Post by mag »

That's really what I want to do but like most things delco don't know how, your assistance to achieve same would be appreciated. No doubt this is a flag that can be set/cleared?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The search function works - "disable knock sensor". First hit is the FAQ, lots of handy info ;)
mag

Post by mag »

Apologies, used the "this thread" search by mistake, question answered.
mag

Post by mag »

Been reading Holden202's "Basics of Tuning a Delco..." and noting his comments regarding common timing values between idle advance spark and the main advance spark tables, was wondering why the idle, cold engine and 20-100kPa A/F ratio tables do not appear to blend at common engine temperature values.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

even at running temperature you want to have the idle afr's different to the main afr's thats why there is a specific idle afr table .... you will find that if you are driving along the engine will be commanding 14.7 afr, then as you pull up and stop after 20 seconds the engine will switch to the idle afr table values ....

note the 20 seconds is the default time i've seen and is something that can be changed ... i use 5 seconds on my race car mostly just because it doesn't like idling too well with the cam it has if its too lean, but then more standard motors will work fine with the default settings.

at the end of the day you shouldn't have too much need to change the idle afr settings for a standard motor, and probably not even for mild motors, but it all depends on what the engine likes, i know 202's have always wanted to idle a bit richer than v6's even in stock form.