antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: vs v8 vortech

Post by antus »

I dont think the inverse table makes a big diff, nowhere near the swings youre seeing as temperature has more effect on detination therefore spark, than o2 therefore fuel.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vscapricetim
cars: vs caprice

Post by vscapricetim »

I'm just worried with the inverse table like that, what other tables rely on it therefore them being wrong because of it...
vscapricetim

Post by vscapricetim »

Csn you zero out the coolant contribution % table?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't think that is a great idea.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

vlad01 wrote:The coolant contribution table. Dylan is the most experienced person on here in relation to tuning that table and hopefully can chime in. There is a bit of a back and forth in tuning it.

I don't do boost, but happy to do a sanity check over the bin if you'd like to post it.
vscapricetim

Post by vscapricetim »

Will do this arv when I get home mate

Boost seemed to be ok as well as higher up the kpa range
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah it seems like the heat soak of the IAT sensor at low loads and idle. It's a common thing and the factory worked hard to get this dialed in and employed some trickery else where to get around the even worse hot restart issues, (massive negative value in the inverse table at the higher coolant temps).
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vscapricetim

Post by vscapricetim »

inverse change, 3rd tune.BIN
(64 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Here is the bin im working on at the moment

That sounds like my issue!

Also, i have double fire to upper 2.2ms and lower to 2ms but it doesnt go into double fire mode till about 4ms. Not sure why but is seems ok.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

vlad01 wrote:Yeah it seems like the heat soak of the IAT sensor at low loads and idle. It's a common thing and the factory worked hard to get this dialed in and employed some trickery else where to get around the even worse hot restart issues, (massive negative value in the inverse table at the higher coolant temps).
I usually alter the higher temps in the inverse table for these reasons, also in the coolant contribution table I also often increase the coolant contribution a lot. It does stabilize AFR's more. Especially with aftermarket cams. Even more so with aftermarket manifolds.
vscapricetim

Post by vscapricetim »

How much do you alter the inverse table by Dylan?

If you look at my bin I'm down near 10 and I've done a couple of logs and seems ok, but unsure if this alters other tables that change things especially on boost