VK Calais Dash, VS Auto Trans

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Toolman
cars: VK Calais

VK Calais Dash, VS Auto Trans

Post by Toolman »

Hi guys, I'm trying to get my VK Calais speedo working.
I have recently put a VS 5.0L engine in it with a VS auto transmission.
I'm running a standard VS V8 PCM.
I have found the speed input wire for the Calais Dash, and ive tried hooking up the Jaycar speedo correction module with no luck (and now hearing that is common).
I've tried it with C12 speed output to dash, with no luck, and I've tried B5 vss speed output before the pcm. I at least got the led to flash on the Jaycar box, but couldn't get it to work.
Has anyone done this successfully, and can tell me where I'm going wrong, or what i need to buy?
Thanks for that
RVK355
cars: VN headed methanol 355 VK Calais
VR SS manual 5speed 5L
VS V6 ute

Re: VK Calais Dash, VS Auto Trans

Post by RVK355 »

was it a pre built kit or a DIY kit?

maybe try it to B6 pin!!

I have used the jay car speedo corrector before in a 5L injected VK Calais, but that was using the VN type speed sensor, worked no problems and operated how it was suppose to
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

I put vs 304/4l60e into vp ute...c12 straight to dash speedo wire which worked perfectly.

I'd be checking if vs pcm & vk dash use same signal if not use vdo corrector,dakota digital or festy unit from forum if he can be contacted.

Used vdo in the past & now got festy items for next project.Jaycar used to be good back in the day a long long time ago.

In wiring section shows c12 should be either 0.1 or 8.5 if that works start looking at dash speedo or maybe worth trying cheapy electric speedo off ebay or roadstar
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Isn't a vk valais dash like vl has a cable drive from the gearbox and then pulses out from the hall effect sensor on the cluster to the ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

No, the calais has a full digital dash and the speedo is driven by Hall effect input. They did have a cable to the Mechanical cruise control module and then the Hall effect sensor screwed onto that.